Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

discipline

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:36 AM
  • 9 Replies
Ok so Idk what to do anymore. I am at the end of my rope. My kids do not listen to me at all. I've tried time outs and spanking but nothing serene to work. The oldest two are 3&4 and I know some misbehaving is normal at these ages but they just completely ignore while I'm talking. Like just now my 3 y.o was going into my moms room and she knows she's not suppose to be in there. So when i tell her no don't go in there so just runs as fast as she can In there. It aggravates me sooo that I find myself yelling and I hate yelling at them but its atleast the 10th time I've told her to stay out of that run. Please help me I am going crazy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Duct tape...im just kidding! i wish i had some good advice but i dont remember those ages well. The teen years hit and well its worse!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mombaker8910
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Bump
brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:19 PM

HI and welcome to the group.

Can you say to her to close the door?

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Each child is different and can't all be disciplined the same. Just stay firm and consistent, making the rules clear and try punishments until you find what works. It's one of the hardest times in raising kids, but somehow you survive it.
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:47 PM
You shouldn't be telling her 10 times. I'm finding it hard to discipline my 5 yr old, he's become very rude. I just found out today that being firm did the trick. No need to tell him a second time. Like mom above me said, be consistent on punishments.
pianokisses
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:02 PM
I tell my kids they will have to go to bed if they act up and they listen lol. My 1 year old doesnt listen but shes still learning to.
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:09 PM

agreed.  Good luck mama

Quoting Robsessed98:

Each child is different and can't all be disciplined the same. Just stay firm and consistent, making the rules clear and try punishments until you find what works. It's one of the hardest times in raising kids, but somehow you survive it.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Stay consistant.  Maybe try a reward system turn it into a positive for good behavior instead of always a negative for the bad?

mombaker8910
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Thanks ladies for the advice. I have tomorrow off so I'm going to be firm and try a different strategy. I am definitely going to do some research tonight though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)