Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

HELP! Relationship advice?

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:16 AM
  • 17 Replies
OK I'll make this short. So 2 years ago i met this guy before i got pregnant but never knew if he was married or single. Well i found out he was single. Fast forward to a year ago and everything was going good, we both wanted to be in a relationship but wanted to take things slow for the sake of our kids. Well I'm December he left for rehab (he went on his own to help him stop drinking since he is on medication for his heart) but he wasn't a huge drinker. While in rehab he called me a few times and even before he left he told me he loved me and wanted to be with me forever. Well he got out in January and it's been going downhill since. He doesn't tell me he loves me, i talk to him maybe once a week if at all. He says he "really busy." I understand he's adjusting and everything but now i feel like i don't fit into his life anymore. I love him and want to be with him but even one of our mutual friends sees that he is shutting me out. I'm hurt and I've been crying about it and I'm tired of making myself feel like crap. Do i just walk away, or do i keep trying? I don't want to lose him but i don't want to keep feeling like this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:21 AM
4 moms liked this

i would just walk away, honestly. a guy shouldnt make you feel like that; like crap. its hard- but its better to walk away. i had to walk away from a 5 year relationship b/c i didnt like how i was feeling the majority of the time towards the end. we are still good friends... but its my time to work on me-- so i never get in that place where someone else, esp a guy, can make me feel like that.

above all- you need to look out for YOUR heart, YOUR emotional health. if you dont, who will?

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I Agree. You need just walk away and move on. Your happiness isolated operant and at this rate he isn't going to give you any. *hugs*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cenedra64
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree walk away. Something i learned hard way...if a man wants to be with you theres no stopping him. Once they make excuses or distance themselves theyre trying to move on find someone else. And sometimes they want to be alone. Scared of getting tied down to the wrong woman rest of their lives. We do the same thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Definately move on. If he wanted to be with you he would make an effort. Dont waste your time on him, find someone that wants to be with you as much as you want to be with him.

Asunshine88
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Thank you ladies. It really hurts that now he is blowing me off but i don't need that. I really love him and want to be with him. I guess this just isn't my time or the right guy. Thank you all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:31 AM

If it was me I would walk away even thought I know it would be really hard to do.  Hugs!!!

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:36 AM
If he's not man enough to tell you what's going on, walk away. You don't need a relationship with someone who won't even communicate.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Yes, definately walk away. He's not into you.  You need a two-way relationship not a one-way relationship. 

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Confused.  Have kids with him?  Maybe you should turn your ways and  talk about the kids with him and see if any of that makes a difference.

Asunshine88
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:17 PM
No we don't have kids together, i have a son and he has two older boys. And his ex wife just got remarried and the boys were having a tough time with that. So we decided to take things slow and ease into it. But now he has distanced himself from me and even my son misses him.

Quoting brieri:

Hi and welcome to the group.

Confused.  Have kids with him?  Maybe you should turn your ways and  talk about the kids with him and see if any of that makes a difference.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)