Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP! Relationship advice?

Posted by   + Show Post
OK I'll make this short. So 2 years ago i met this guy before i got pregnant but never knew if he was married or single. Well i found out he was single. Fast forward to a year ago and everything was going good, we both wanted to be in a relationship but wanted to take things slow for the sake of our kids. Well I'm December he left for rehab (he went on his own to help him stop drinking since he is on medication for his heart) but he wasn't a huge drinker. While in rehab he called me a few times and even before he left he told me he loved me and wanted to be with me forever. Well he got out in January and it's been going downhill since. He doesn't tell me he loves me, i talk to him maybe once a week if at all. He says he "really busy." I understand he's adjusting and everything but now i feel like i don't fit into his life anymore. I love him and want to be with him but even one of our mutual friends sees that he is shutting me out. I'm hurt and I've been crying about it and I'm tired of making myself feel like crap. Do i just walk away, or do i keep trying? I don't want to lose him but i don't want to keep feeling like this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Replies (11-17):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Does he want custody of the kids because mom got remarried?   Be careful in that area.

Quoting Asunshine88:

No we don't have kids together, i have a son and he has two older boys. And his ex wife just got remarried and the boys were having a tough time with that. So we decided to take things slow and ease into it. But now he has distanced himself from me and even my son misses him.

Quoting brieri:

Hi and welcome to the group.

Confused.  Have kids with him?  Maybe you should turn your ways and  talk about the kids with him and see if any of that makes a difference.

Asunshine88
by New Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM
No they have joint custody, and that's how they want to keep it. They actually get along very well.

Quoting brieri:

Does he want custody of the kids because mom got remarried?   Be careful in that area.

Quoting Asunshine88:

No we don't have kids together, i have a son and he has two older boys. And his ex wife just got remarried and the boys were having a tough time with that. So we decided to take things slow and ease into it. But now he has distanced himself from me and even my son misses him.

Quoting brieri:

Hi and welcome to the group.

Confused.  Have kids with him?  Maybe you should turn your ways and  talk about the kids with him and see if any of that makes a difference.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Leave that alone Hun.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Welcome! It's not going to be easy but you need to sit with him and have a serious talk he's been through a life change
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
labrax
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:51 AM

I agree with pp. have a frank talk with him and if you don't buy his explanations after that you can walk away. Sometimes, men dealing with issues act strangely.

mnivis01
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:56 AM
Tell him how you are feeling. Give him the ultimatum. Either he realizes he's been distant or he don't care. Actions speak louder than words. It sucks, but if that's all you are going to get out of the relationship, than you deserve better anywho.
Easier said than done, right?!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Two_Hearts
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:12 AM

walk away hun ....he isn't ready for a relationship.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)