Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I wrote a novel about college pregnancy and could use some help with the sequel

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:06 AM
  • 14 Replies

Hi all,

Recently I published my first novel called FRESHMAN FORTY on Amazon. It's about a college freshman who finds out while she's away at school that she is pregnant. Being away at college makes it too easy to hide and she doesn't tell her father or the baby's father for the whole pregnancy. 

Now I'm working on the sequel and I am looking for some interesting custody angles for my plot. Does anyone have any unique custody experiences with their baby's father they'd be willing to share?

I'm leaning towards making a real hardship for my main character, whether it's being required to drive long distances every other weekend  to bring the baby to see the father or some other difficult court order that makes staying in college hard.

Thanks for any input!! 

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Not sure. Here is a bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Why does it have to be difficult? Why not have the baby's father step up and be a good dad and help mom finish college. You know, work together as parents?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Quoting F40:

Hi all,

Recently I published my first novel called FRESHMAN FORTY on Amazon. It's about a college freshman who finds out while she's away at school that she is pregnant. Being away at college makes it too easy to hide and she doesn't tell her father or the baby's father for the whole pregnancy. 

Now I'm working on the sequel and I am looking for some interesting custody angles for my plot. Does anyone have any unique custody experiences with their baby's father they'd be willing to share?

I'm leaning towards making a real hardship for my main character, whether it's being required to drive long distances every other weekend  to bring the baby to see the father or some other difficult court order that makes staying in college hard.

Thanks for any input!! 

LOL this is about to be the story of my life!!!but a 3 hr drive isnt TOO bad....I havent even started my custody case yet, nor am I a freshmen, but it will be something similar to this

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Here's a bump for ya!  Good luck!!

Kid_Cat_Mom2005
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Good luck ! My custody experience is having sole custody, my ex sees him once a month in a supervised location. My ex doesn't call or check in with my son during the month, only to arrange a meeting place. So not too exciting or drama filled.
Kid_Cat_Mom2005
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Good luck ! My custody experience is having sole custody, my ex sees him once a month in a supervised location. My ex doesn't call or check in with my son during the month, only to arrange a meeting place. So not too exciting or drama filled.
HyperMom38
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:30 AM
3 moms liked this

How about he fights her for full custody, she almost looses due to some dark secret he discovers about her past.  Then you will need a hero lawyer who fights for her and at the same time sweeps her off her feet and wins the case!  How's that for imagination????

F40
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Yeah. There's definitely going to be some curve ball here considering she doesn't even tell the baby's father about the baby until after the she is born. I'm leaning towards a custody battle b/c she didn't think he'd want to be too involved. 

brieri
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM

After reading an article about a father who is 1.2 million in arrears,  Going to Jail for 4 yrs and then having to pay the restitituion for the rest of his life,, I don't know.

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:40 PM
That would make sense, but sadly most people are more interested in the negative than the positive. I guess it all going rough makes for more interesting reading?

Quoting tyfry7496:

Why does it have to be difficult? Why not have the baby's father step up and be a good dad and help mom finish college. You know, work together as parents?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)