Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I tried to be nice....

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:28 AM
  • 8 Replies
But it always comes to bite me in the ass. I let xmil be friends with me on fb, so she could see pics of the kids (I'm in Va, she's in NM). I told her not to talk to me about what is going on between her son and I. Yeah that lasted a month! She's pissed ex and I agreed on half his tax return, plus the back cs he owes. He and I are trying our hardest to be civil for the kids. So yep, she was removed from my fb. I'm 29 and don't need this drama!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Hugs!

breebree04
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I would never add my xmil to my fb. That has disaster written all over it. My xsil tried adding me once and I denied it. I get why you did it but next time send her some pictures thru the mail or email her some and leave it at that so you dont have to deal with drama

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Good for you your Mrs.Boats.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I get along with my ex IL's.  In fact, they have disowned their own son (my ex).  They don't have FB, but if they did I would friend them.  I never talk about my ex either does my daughter who also has a FB account.  We made a deal to never mention my ex or anything related to being divorced/married out in a public forum.  Everyone knows what he did anyway.  No need to dredge up his BS.   My DD and I talk about that in our own private time. 

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Good grief.  I actually have all my exes family including he and his wife (and her family) blocked from mine!

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I get along with ex's family, so I've never had to deal, but I'm sure its a pain in the ass. Maybe you can just email her pics every once in a while?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
arkmomma06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I'm friends with my first ex's mom, but she has distanced herself from her grandkids & me...Her son got remarried almost 10 years ago...

sid1083
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Well, you tried. At least you can say that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN