Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HORRIBLE MOTHER

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:24 AM
  • 10 Replies
I always feel like a bad parent when my kids are away for the weekend... my dad and stepmom came and got my kids for the weekend and my mom and stepdad want to come get them in a couple weeks for an over night visit... I hate them n=being away I feel like they always need to be with me... my daughter has breathing problems and im afraid somethings going to happen and mommys not there to help her...and my son ive just always hated him being gone.... :( .. is it just me or is it a mom thing ? it really gets to me at night when I get ready for bed knowing I wont be waking up to my babies in the morning or waking up in the middle of the night for middle of the night feedings
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I didnt feel bad when I got me time. A lot ofoms have mommy guilt but I was not cursed with it lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:32 AM
It's a m thing. Try enjoy your time.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:56 AM
I haven't been out in 2 1/2 years because of mommy guilt I don't get a lot of time with him because I have to work so I would feel bad not seeing him at all!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
princess22118
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

In Colorado when you go through a divorce you have to take mandatory parenting classes... up until that point I had my kids with me 24-7... my ex did not believe in getting a babysitter for any situation (which I feel was part of why we divorced because we never had any alone time at all) and in the parenting classes they actually tell you to take time away from your children, the kids need time away from you as much as you do them... it's healthy to have that break... even if it's just for a few hours or so. So try to not have quilt... the kids probably enjoy the time away and the new experiences! 

MommysTimeOut5
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:41 AM

its normal to miss your kids. NO you are not a bad parent. When my daughter first started going away for overnight visits I took sleeping pills to go and stay sleep. It is healthy to have time away for you to regroup and continue being the best mom you can be.  Good luck

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:15 PM

It's a mom thing, remember, you need 'me' time sometimes.  Do something for yourself without feeling guily.

idunno1234
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Remember that your kids are benefitting from having relationships with other loving people in their lives. This is a wonderful, enriching thing for them to have so many people who want to spend time with them.

Your feelings have nothing to do with them and everything to do with you.

This is about you missing them which is soooooo normal although personally, as a mom of 4, I covet my alone time ( and my kids are older). If you start focusing on the pre-mom part of you that is still in there (i swear!) when you do get that alone tiime, you'll be a better person, including a better mom. It's so easy for us to focus on our kids to the point where we start losing perspective. We can't allow our anxieties to hinder our children. That's doing our kids a disservice.

Learn to relax, enjoy and relish that alone time!! Not everyone gets that chance.
tyfry7496
by Janet on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Me neither.

Quoting faerie75:

I didnt feel bad when I got me time. A lot ofoms have mommy guilt but I was not cursed with it lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Its normal to have some seperation anxiety. Says youre a good mom. Youll learn to relax in time. First time i had time away from my girls i freaked! First time one of my girls got on the school bus i freaked and cried.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Don't feel bad about them being gone. You need me time and should take full advantage of the time off to focus on yourself. Sure you'll miss them, but if you don't take care of yourself, you can't always take care of them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)