Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What does a typical day look like for you?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:52 AM
  • 40 Replies

Just getting in from work and wondering what a typical day is like for you? For me a typical day is come in from working my overnight job about 6:30 am, log into my 2nd job at either 7 or 8 am on the computer. My mom gets my son up and ready for school and they are out the door by about 8:15am. I am on the phones all day until 3:30pm. Pick my son up from school a little after 4pm. Come home and I go to sleep to get ready for my night job and I get up around 8pm, take a shower and then get dressed to be at work by 9pm. Get off at 6am and the cycle repeats Monday-Friday. I have the weekends off from both jobs.

What about you?

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:54 AM
M-f we get up at 6 leave the house by 7 I drop DS off at school at 8 I work 8:30-5 pick him up we are home by 630 dinner play bath and bed 830. Thursdays he has gymnastics after school sat and sun I'm off we usually go somewhere 1 day. We are pretty busy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Sounds like my schedule lol very hectic. I want to get my son in either karate or soccer but I have to find the time.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

M-f we get up at 6 leave the house by 7 I drop DS off at school at 8 I work 8:30-5 pick him up we are home by 630 dinner play bath and bed 830. Thursdays he has gymnastics after school sat and sun I'm off we usually go somewhere 1 day. We are pretty busy

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Gymnastics is great for him and when he's a little older ill switch him to karate but I'm so tired its hard

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Sounds like my schedule lol very hectic. I want to get my son in either karate or soccer but I have to find the time.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Yea I had him in BoyScouts at one point but it didn't seem like it was going anywhere and that it was a waste of time so for right now he just goes to school and comes home.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Gymnastics is great for him and when he's a little older ill switch him to karate but I'm so tired its hard

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Up at 6, get myself ready, wake up 2 year olds, get them ready. Take them to babysitter, grab some breakfast, go to work for 8 hours. Pick up girls, go home, make dinner, baths, tv time, bed time, mommys shower, mommys dinner, mommys tv time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM

My work schedule varies.  Either I pick up my son from school, do homework while making dinner, then just relax.  I don't do much right now, I'm tired all the time.  

Kid_Cat_Mom2005
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Typical weekday:  up by 6:30am, drop ds off at school, then I got to class or campus to study/homework until 3:30pm, then have some down time, pick up ds at 5pm, dinner, homework (ds's), bath, reading and bed. Weekend--as little as possible ! 

MissTuree
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Monday and Wednesday- Up at 6 take ds to school at 815, go straight to classes until 230, go straight to pick ds from school. Come home, make dinner while ds does hw, eat, clean, play a board game or something together, ds bath and bed. S/o and I read to him every night so after that we can cuddle and watch a movie...or depending do homework.

Tuesday and Thursday-These are my "off" days so I wake up at 730 take ds to school, do any shopping I need to do, do my hw and work for my online classes, catch up on cleaning. I try to make a 'more elaborate' dinner these night as well. Evenings are the same as M and W.

Weekends- DS has soccer Saturday morning and Sunday School Sunday morning. After that I'm basically doing homework all day all weekend. We usually go out to restraunts for dinner on the weekends so I don't have to coo k and to get out of the house.

KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Quoting SexyDiva19:

Just getting in from work and wondering what a typical day is like for you? For me a typical day is come in from working my overnight job about 6:30 am, log into my 2nd job at either 7 or 8 am on the computer. My mom gets my son up and ready for school and they are out the door by about 8:15am. I am on the phones all day until 3:30pm. Pick my son up from school a little after 4pm. Come home and I go to sleep to get ready for my night job and I get up around 8pm, take a shower and then get dressed to be at work by 9pm. Get off at 6am and the cycle repeats Monday-Friday. I have the weekends off from both jobs.

What about you?

WHAT DO U DO ON THE PHONE FROM HOME ALL DAY?
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:58 PM

My day starts at 5, than I wake my son between 6:30 and 7.

Breakfast, drop him at school, than drive to my job, work 8:30 to 5 (or they are paying me to work these hours) ; )

Pick up my son at 5:30, go home unless he has some activity to do.

At home cook, help him with homework, spend time together at and after dinner

Bed for him around 9:30

I have no bedtime. I fall out anytime.

Weekends my son goes to his father overnight on Friday, I clean, laundry, internet, read, exercise

than pick up my son at 4pm on Saturday

we find things to do together

Ex picks him up at midnight on Saturday for another overnight visit and pickup again for me is 4pm on Sunday.

If my son has activity on the weekend or I have other plans for him he does not go to his father's for overnight visit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)