Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What does a typical day look like for you?

Posted by   + Show Post

Just getting in from work and wondering what a typical day is like for you? For me a typical day is come in from working my overnight job about 6:30 am, log into my 2nd job at either 7 or 8 am on the computer. My mom gets my son up and ready for school and they are out the door by about 8:15am. I am on the phones all day until 3:30pm. Pick my son up from school a little after 4pm. Come home and I go to sleep to get ready for my night job and I get up around 8pm, take a shower and then get dressed to be at work by 9pm. Get off at 6am and the cycle repeats Monday-Friday. I have the weekends off from both jobs.

What about you?

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Replies (31-40):
soulofsunmama
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:14 PM
http://www.naturalsleep.org/melatonin-for-kids-and-other-alternatives/

Quoting mylilgooberpea:

Quoting soulofsunmama:

Did you know your body produces it naturally? Its a natural chemical your body produces to tell your brain your body is tired and ready for sleep. Its all natural. No chemicals found in them like real sleep aids. But I wouldnt give it to kids ules ojed by the childs dr who knows their health history.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soulofsunmama
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM
http://m.nbcconnecticut.com/nbcconnecticut/pm_114585/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=VLSDP2m9

Quoting mylilgooberpea:

Quoting soulofsunmama:

Did you know your body produces it naturally? Its a natural chemical your body produces to tell your brain your body is tired and ready for sleep. Its all natural. No chemicals found in them like real sleep aids. But I wouldnt give it to kids ules ojed by the childs dr who knows their health history.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soulofsunmama
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:19 PM
I added a bunch of links about melatonin and kids, you should check them out before *just* believing everything a doctor says

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

My pediatrician said 3 mg is safe and she recommended it. and usually mostly my daughter that takes it. She's a terrible sleeper and for a whike every night was a battle to get her to bed. She a usually doesn't take it every night mostly school nights. It's that or sleepy tea. My son is a great sleeper he only takes it on occasion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I will monitor her melatonin use and eventuaaly hopefully get her off of it.

ProudMommaBear
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:17 PM

M-F My LO wakes up around 5am for a feeding, then she sleeps with me in my bed till 9am when she's up for another feeding, I rock her back to sleep about half an hour after her feeding, then I clean all her bottles, and get them ready.  After that I eat my breakfast, and log into school, do all my schoolwork till noon when LO needs another feeding, then I have lunch myself and go back to school.  #pm comes around, time for another feeding, and usually I'm done with school at that point, so after that I do anything that needs to get done, cleaning, laundry, some relaxing if I'm lucky, then 6pm is time for another feeding, and by that point LO stays up quite a bit playing with me and my parents.  Dinner comes around, and 9pm it's time for nu-night lotion, a feeding, and bedtime.  Then I sleep. Weekends I dedicate one day to cleaning only so everythings done for the week, and then the other day I just have a lazy day.

mylilgooberpea
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Quoting soulofsunmama:

Its on the internet it MUST be true. I never said I was against it just wouldnt recomend unless a dr says hey your kid needs this because they have sleep issues.... I wouldnt give it to them just because I want them in bed at a certian time. I just say if its medically necassary for the health of the child. The internet dosnt know a childs history like a HUMAN dr or drs. It dosnt have the charts or health history. Im just saying. Melitonin is natural chemical in every human body, why not use it?

juggling Just a single mom living my life for my wonderful son! toddler boy

soulofsunmama
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:08 AM
um yea ok, pot is natural to, so its cool to share with them as well right?
There's a huge difference of your body naturally producing something versus man altering it, at which point, no, its not the same thing anymore at all.
And where do you think your doctor gets his info,lol, anyway, if you feel good about masking an underlying issue rather then really taking the time to figure out why its there to begin with, and how to help, by all means mama, I'm not saying don't, just giving you resources to educate yourself, I mean, it is *only* a child.

Quoting mylilgooberpea:

Quoting soulofsunmama:

Its on the internet it MUST be true. I never said I was against it just wouldnt recomend unless a dr says hey your kid needs this because they have sleep issues.... I wouldnt give it to them just because I want them in bed at a certian time. I just say if its medically necassary for the health of the child. The internet dosnt know a childs history like a HUMAN dr or drs. It dosnt have the charts or health history. Im just saying. Melitonin is natural chemical in every human body, why not use it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilgooberpea
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Quoting soulofsunmama:

Ok all knowing goddess. I wasnt here for an arguement. You win enjoy ypur spoils. But it was because of drs and their knowlage on man made naturallyfound in the body pills. Aka progesterone. I was finally able to carry a baby to term. So I am a full believer in doing what ever it takes to have a healthy child. I have never given my child melatonin nor any sleep aids. Good night. And thank you for the reading.

juggling Just a single mom living my life for my wonderful son! toddler boy

soulofsunmama
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soulofsunmama
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:40 AM
Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean you have to be defensive, that happens when we start doubting ourselves. If you want to be so quick to believe something, just because a doctor *says so* so be it, but don't get all bent out of shape, because you may be mislead.
Take control of your own knowledge, that's all I'm saying. Good night to you to.
Quoting mylilgooberpea:

Quoting soulofsunmama:

Ok all knowing goddess. I wasnt here for an arguement. You win enjoy ypur spoils. But it was because of drs and their knowlage on man made naturallyfound in the body pills. Aka progesterone. I was finally able to carry a baby to term. So I am a full believer in doing what ever it takes to have a healthy child. I have never given my child melatonin nor any sleep aids. Good night. And thank you for the reading.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)