Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi Everyone, I'm new here, need advice

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:34 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hi Ladies, 

I'm new, my name is melissa and i have two boys :) I need to ask some advice, i need reassurance. 

I have a boyfriend, who owns a house, we do not live together, but he does come over everyday to see us. I was just investigated by the county for welfare fraud, they asked if my bf lived with me, where he worked and where i worked, also asked if we went on vacation.  Yes he took me on a vacation 2 months ago which he paid for entirely. 

Nothing is joint because we are not married, he owns a permanent residence, and gets no mail at my house, and doesnt contribute to the household at all.

Should i be worried that im going to get charged with something? We didnt do anything wrong, im allowed to have company over. I just hear stories of people that go to jail for this and im worried. I report monthly to the county what i make and what my assest are.

Thanks Ladies, 

I appreciate the imput.

Blessings to you all.

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jmoore10
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM
You should have nothing to worry about. I don't know where you live but when you report your monthly income report do you keep a copy of it for all your records along with bank statements. And I have learned to even start keeping receipts for this reason. Whether you pay with your card or cash keep each receipts so if this does happen again you can show them prof. Im sorry you have to go though all that. The county is one place you don't want to lie to or anything. Do you think someone may have called on you?? I have heard of alot of people calling fraud on other people
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommaCat0408
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I think it may have been my ex husband who called me in. His other ex who he has a child with was also investigated. I have a problem with anxiety as it is and dont need this stress in my life. I turn i  my bank statemens and paystubs and report changes each month.. however now im second guessing everything i do because i dont want to get in trouble for something stupid. I'm sick of being on welfare, im going back to school to earn my degree so that i can do better for myself and the kids. its bn hard to keep a job being a single parent, and one of my boys has a disability so that makes it harder still.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Welcome! It sounds like they have nothing on you if a claim is made they have to investigate
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BambiEyes26
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Welcome,

I think you will be ok, they shouldn't follow through on any sort of action. Which state are you in? I would keep all the paperwork organized, have your bank statements in order, and just be prepared..to ease the anxiety.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

MommaCat0408
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Hi Everyone, thanks for the friendly welcomes :) I live in MN. I appreciate the reassurance! 

fvemptynester
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I personally do not have any experience with what you are going through and understand do not understand your Welfare MN rules  I just hope they dont waste anymore time on the wrong person in regards to fraud.  What I am truly happy for and wish it happened more often in California, is that they are actually doing something about the Fraudulent welfare people.  Again not your situation, but many of whom are casuing the investigation to exist.  Good Luck and seems to me you shouldnt have to live your life worried if your not doing anything wrong.  Single and with a extra special child - hope they leave you alone.

Blessings to you!!

MommaCat0408
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Thanks Ladies! im thinking they left it alone because im still getting benefits next month. I just wanna be off assistance. I'm looking forward to starting school so i can be more stable. You guys seem like an awesome group! Thanks very much! God Bless!!

jmoore10
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:16 PM
I agree with you on that one about California. I live in California and know a lot of people who are abusing the system and it's not fair. I am on walfare and I hate it hopefully I get off of it soon. I go in to turn my paper work in and I always see a few people who are completely upset because they got denied for telling the truth and then you got those people who get approved who lie on the whole thing and who uses the system. It's so not fair

Quoting fvemptynester:

I personally do not have any experience with what you are going through and understand do not understand your Welfare MN rules  I just hope they dont waste anymore time on the wrong person in regards to fraud.  What I am truly happy for and wish it happened more often in California, is that they are actually doing something about the Fraudulent welfare people.  Again not your situation, but many of whom are casuing the investigation to exist.  Good Luck and seems to me you shouldnt have to live your life worried if your not doing anything wrong.  Single and with a extra special child - hope they leave you alone.

Blessings to you!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Welcome!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)