Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Therapy?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:35 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have been seperated since June. Its was very unexpected and we for the most part are on good terms because of the kids. He will offer to give me rides to and from work and when i am having a bad day will always ask if im doing ok.  My response is the same that i give everyone else i smile and nod yes while on the inside i feel like a knife is jabbing at my heart. I have break down after break down all i ever want to do is sleep but i dont i get up put a smile on my face and do what i can to insure that my kids are happy. I know i need to seek some sort of therapy but i don't even know where to start and i feel like if i resort to that its just going to make me a weaker person. Anyone else going through therapy? any advice? everyone keeps saying time will pass and i really hope so i just cant find a way to move forward

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I have to say I disagree with you.  Ask your Dr for a referral to a therapist.  There may be something more.  Your not really being yourself when you always put a smile and saying your doing ok.   It may be short term, may be long term, but in time you will find the true happiness in yourself.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:47 PM

hugs  I didn't do therapy, but I don't think it's a bad thing at all and it works for many.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Therapy is great go for it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
achavez219
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:05 PM
I used to bw that way too. Now I'm currently in therapy & I've noticed such a huge improvement in my attitude. Others around me have noticed it too so I say try it. Doesn't hurt to check it out & if you don't like one therapist try another until you feel comfortable with that person. It does get better hon *hugs*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cenedra64
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Im glad you have a good relationship with your ex that helps. I hated my therapist and disagreed. I switched so many until one day i wasnt looking for one i happened upon. She was a good christian woman and she gave very good advice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby5678
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:34 PM
I went for quite a bit of therapy in the past... I loved it and it really helped
deltathree
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:43 PM

There's nothing wrong with T - it really helps a lot of ppl.  GL & hugs.

Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:10 PM
I think being depressed is normal- I also think it takes some people longer to get through a divorce depending on the circumstances and dynamics involved. Don't think that six weeks or six months or even six years out you have to be fully recovered. Honestly I will never be - I am much better, but I can honestly tell you that the hurt and disappointment and sorrow over how the events will stay w me and the children will never go away.

With that being said, having an objective person to vent to and guide me through processing my feelings was helpful. It clarified my understanding of my relationship w my husband, validated my feelings and gave me the courage to leave a horribly toxic relationship w hope for a better, more stable life for me and the kids.

You are in my thought and prayers.
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Therapy is awesome! It won't make you weaker, only stronger. There's also no shame in asking for help.
tyfry7496
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Go to your doctor for a referral. You deserve it and so do your kids. Therapy is a great way to see things clearly that are right in front if you. It's someone neutral to talk with. It really helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)