Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Am I wrong?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi moms, Im a mother of 2 boys, a 2 year old and a 1 month old. My boys dad doesn't take care of them and doesn't pay for child support. If he wants to see them, should I say NO? Is if wrong for me to do so? I just want the best for my kids, I dont want them to get hurt when they grow up. 

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Jazmyn1
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Why doesnt he pay child support? I personally feel if the dad is a good dad the children have a right to see him. Dont take that away from them. Has the dad bewn involved in other ways jusy not paying child support?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM

How long has it been since hes seen the children? 

oomimi73oo
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM

He spends all his time and money on his 8 year old son from a previous relationship, he feels sorry for him so he basically lets him do whatever he wants and lets him disrespect me. Thats the reason why we seperated and live apart. He doesn't help me with our two boys, he would take our 2 year old to the park once a week and doesn't call or show up after the next weekend. Isnt it better if he's out of our lifes for good? I dont want the kids to grow up and ask when daddy is going to come. It all just started so Im lost and hurt, dont know where to start or end.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:11 AM

has he asked to see them? 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:17 AM
It can look bad if he ever tries for custody but unless you have a court order you don't
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oomimi73oo
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:34 AM

My kids goes to my mom's house a lot and he would just show up once a week.  He spend about 2 hours a week with my older son. 

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:37 AM
This. And here in ND non payment of child support doesn't equal no visitation.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

It can look bad if he ever tries for custody but unless you have a court order you don't
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Unless he is an actual danger to them, I absolutely think its wrong to deny a child a chance to know their dad. I think a cs order should be in place asap when the parents split, but if he doesn't pay I think its horrible to cause emotional damage to a child just because he doesn't hand over money.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN