Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Opinoins

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:19 PM
  • 37 Replies

My ex has been seeing the same girl for a year now so there engaged. Ive been begging him since theyve been dating to go grab a coffee and get to know eachother. Hes very reluctant I feel since shes going to be my sons step mom she should get to know the mother just in case anything were to happen to me and that we can be on the same page as far as parenting goes. Hes still reluctant I wonder if he has something to hide like he says rotten things about me. My son is almost 18 months and he needs to have stability instead of trying to figure out things and be confused. I just dont get it.

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delilahsmom1177
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Well damn momma I give you credit for being soooooo great about this. I would insist. MY mom was not able to get to know my brothers EX step mom(thank the gods shes EX) she was horrible to my brother. They had my brother living with them for a little while... Until my mom found out this b***h grabbed my brother off the top bunk of his bunk ned bustung his lip at 9 PM because my brother said he knew his father better than she did...he was like 7. Yeah my mom took him back and he was not allowed to see his father unless it was at the house and that b***h was not there... They divorced 4 years ago.

I'm a tattooed,bisexual,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

MamaBernie
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:28 PM

See thats what im trying to avoid. I dont know really much about her and my ex keeps trying to reschedule and I told him before theres any overnights we all have to sit down and talk he just doesnt get it. Not one bit. Its so frustrating he keeps talking about "being adults" and stuff like that but i think the adult thing to do since this woman agreed to be his wife someday is to get to know the parent and quit screwing around. But somehow I have a feeling that once my boy is out of the cute stage he wont be around anyway.

amantonacci
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I wouldn't worry about getting to know her honestly... Maybe once they are married and your son is in EC and school maybe the chance meeting or crossing paths on pu/do's will happen.

MamaBernie
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I disagree if I have to share holidays and his bday with this idiot person then i think the least she can do is take the time out of her day and get to know me im sorry its just how i feel.

amantonacci
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:48 PM
2 moms liked this

But your not sharing the holidays and birthdays with this person your sharing them with his father... That's the only one out of that couple that is required to deal with you. You can't force her to meet you... But I imagine that could be frustrating if you have your heart set on meeting her.

MamaBernie
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

it is very frustrating but im aslo sharing my son with a father that refused to take care of him the first year of his life so now im trying to be the bigger person but i feel that we should also be on the same page i dont know anything about this woman whos going to be his step mom someday sometimes i honestly wish his father would leave me and my boy alone hed better off without all this confusion.

NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:02 PM
4 moms liked this
My kids would not be around a woman I did not first meet.. I get along fine with his girlfriend (I actually like her!)...and he gets along with my boyfriend. I think it's normal to have a relationship with the person who may be your child's step parent...at least a line of communication.

It is about being adults and doing what's best for the kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaBernie
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Thats what Im saying I think id feel more comfortable for an overnight if we all got together for coffee I invited my ex and the fiance to a christmas play and they sat in front of me instead of next to me it really hurt my feelings but i guess its not about me but i was thinking how would that make my son feel if he saw that if he were older i mean would it hurt him if saw not all of us sitting together? Idk i guess im overthinking it but i would like for all of us to be on the same page bc i see issues in the future. And im thinking that maybe hes telling her lies about me and he wants to make sure we dont know one another.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:01 PM

When she is ready to meet you she will approach you.

MamaBernie
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I dont think thats her decision when shes been playing house with my kid since hes been 5 months old

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN