Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My baby turned 17 last week. I find my self alone quite a bit

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:15 PM
  • 13 Replies

For the last 5 years of my life I have been a single mother. I have had serious boyfriend off and on, currently off. So I am finding myself alone. Since I was laid off from job in November I am going crazy. Today I did not speak to a single human being. My daughter is off being well 17 as she should be, hanging out with her best friend.

Funny thing about being out of work is that you have all the time now to do the things you want but none of the money. When you are working you have no time but have the money. The thing about being a single mother you pour your heart and soul into your child and then they grow up and your left empty. Sigh. I will figure it out I just haven't yet.

listening to tunes

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:12 PM

try volunteering to pass away the lonely times and meet other people.

CooknKitten
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm going to. I waiting on the orientation that starts next month. I am excited for that it is for WEAVE; Women Escaping A Violent Environment.

Quoting virginiamama71:

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:43 PM

That's great, good for you.  

Sometimes volunteering ends up leading to something better (not to mention how much you'll be able to help someone else in need).

Quoting CooknKitten:

I'm going to. I waiting on the orientation that starts next month. I am excited for that it is for WEAVE; Women Escaping A Violent Environment.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:23 PM

*HUGS*

charlotte1016
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Start your own at home business.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

hugsMy daughter is turning 19 in June.  She more or less 'cut the cord' when she was 18.  But, she lives nearby so I do get to see her.  She's my only child.  I've been a single mom for several years now moreso the last year and a half.  Being alone more kind of sucks.  I know the feeling.  Good to see you volunteering to stay busy.  I'm looking into that as well.  If you like to workout join a gym or start walking in nearby parks.  I do that, too.  It's hard being a mom cutting the cord, but we all have to sooner or later.  I do miss my little girl but she is growing up. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Hugs!!

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:07 PM
My baby just turned 17 last week too, but I started feeling the empty nest syndrome about a year ago because I rarely saw her and had to keep up via text. I enjoyed it to be honest, but I was also married, so I wasn't all alone. Now a year later my whole world changed, Im separated and living with both of my dds and 3 grandsons. Anyway, you will find ways to keep busy - new hobby, time with friends - and will adapt to your new me time.
KRIZZ25
UST REMEMBER SOME ONE HAS ALREADY WALK ON THE MOON .LOL..
Yesterday at 4:03 PM
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:08 PM
get a dog ...go for walk in a store or mall..go to the library ..go visit a nursing home.
CooknKitten
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Love the support I get here it never fails. I can always count my friends here
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)