Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

This visitation thing is not as easy am getting more frustrated. I need advice please.

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:17 PM
  • 18 Replies

Some of yall know about my ex who disseapered and didn't care about his kids. Well last year he came around got the kids for the holidays because at the time lived to far. I moved back to be closer and my family. Welll like his wife who has 7 kids currently pg again takes her kids to the doctor till there finally diagnosed with something. She started with my kids and like my son was told his speech level at 3 years old isnt good. He isn't talking much so without my consenst was put in speech therapy. Next my almost two year old daughter is in therapy because her legs are supposesly stiff. There are both fine they talk to me and no problems whatesver. What really bothers me that my ex isn't talking to me about this at all but its all coming from his wife and I cant call him because he changed the number and refuses to give it to me. Im I overeacting about this or am I right and my all this theses things should be discussed between my ex and I. I had kids with him not her. I told her to leave my kids alone there kids and small let them be.

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Do the kids live with him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CooknKitten
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Hate to say it but it is time to go to court. First the court here in CA requires that you have the phone number, email address and physical address. Additionally any non emergency treatments must go by both parents. If either of you do not follow the order you can be held in contempt. Good lucky mama I know how you feel.

Blessed_Mommy87
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM

No they live  with me. I have sole physical custody he has no rights or visitation to them,. I'm just being nice and letting him see them but he is taking adavantage.

Quoting conniejo75:

Blessed_Mommy87
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Thats what I need because he likes to move and change things a lot.

Quoting CooknKitten:

Hate to say it but it is time to go to court. First the court here in CA requires that you have the phone number, email address and physical address. Additionally any non emergency treatments must go by both parents. If either of you do not follow the order you can be held in contempt. Good lucky mama I know how you feel.

Blessed_Mommy87
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I hate it when your so nice and then being taking advantage. He chooses to work really late and weekends so he barely spends time with the kids so I dont understand why he even bothers to take them.

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:33 PM
We live in CA and we just have to let each other know but either of us can seek medical care without other one agreeing. However I will admit ex and I have same ins and kids always see their reg dr.

Quoting CooknKitten:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Um then legally he can not take them to dr because he can not make decisions on their behalf. Unless he has joint legal custody? I wouldn't let kids go there.

Quoting Blessed_Mommy87:

No they live  with me. I have sole physical custody he has no rights or visitation to them,. I'm just being nice and letting him see them but he is taking adavantage.

Quoting conniejo75:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blessed_Mommy87
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Exactly he has no rights whatever, he even told me he tried to ass them to his insurance but they couldnt because he has no rights to them.

Quoting conniejo75:

Um then legally he can not take them to dr because he can not make decisions on their behalf. Unless he has joint legal custody? I wouldn't let kids go there.

Quoting Blessed_Mommy87:

Quoting conniejo75:

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM

What does your pediatrician say about the speech and stiff legs? if the child is getting speech therapy its probably through some sort of early intervention program. Most insurance companies will not cover speech for a young child they refer you to the state bur generally they need consent from both parents. It sounds like the child qualifies for services. Why wouldnt you want your son speech if he qualifies for it? Did you move out of state?

Blessed_Mommy87
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:04 AM

My doctor said they are fine but when they got my kids which was out state at the time she took them to the doctor  and went from there. She says my son isnt talking when tonight we counted together to 10 and said some of the alphabet. He repeats after me and does very well. My kids didnt rmember my ex that much and to top it off having his wife there the kids were confused different environmnet. So instead of making them comfortable they take them to a doctor to fix them.

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

What does your pediatrician say about the speech and stiff legs? if the child is getting speech therapy its probably through some sort of early intervention program. Most insurance companies will not cover speech for a young child they refer you to the state bur generally they need consent from both parents. It sounds like the child qualifies for services. Why wouldnt you want your son speech if he qualifies for it? Did you move out of state?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)