Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

pregnant

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:42 AM
  • 9 Replies
My husband and I are in the middle of splitting up.Its a very bad situation for my kids and I,be is abusive,an alcoholic etc. We have a one and two year old,and I just found out I'm pregnant 3 days ago. I don't know what to do,my kids and I are staying with my parents while I get on my feet and m,not welcomed if I keep ´╗┐the baby. I know he won't be involved in any of their lives and he would rather sit in jail than pay child support.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Welcome. Sorry you are going through such a hard time.
easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Hugs!!

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:47 PM

hugs  I'm so sorry momma.  

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

You are not welcomed in your parents home, should you keep the baby?  mm, that's not to keen.  Good luck.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM

why did your parents allow you and your 2 children there but say you are not welcome if you have another one?

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:07 PM

i wouldnt keep it. i went through the same when i was pregnant w my second and while i dont regret him at all, adjusting to becoming a single parent and going from one to two was so difficult for me that i honestly didnt even enjoy their babyhood or childhood for years. i have so many regrets over not liking being a mom at that point in time :(

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Your family will kick you and your two babies out if you don't abort this one? Are you serious? If they are that uncaring and cold, then forget them. Find friends or other relatives who will help, or if it comes down to it find a shelter. Go to the child support office and make him help support his kids. Be strong and determined and you will get through this time and will make a new life for your family. ((hugs)).
gardensparrow
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Oh, I'm so sorry you and your children are faced with such a tough situation. I can't imagine what you've been through, but I'm glad you're reaching out for some help. I'm sure you must be feeling really overwhelmed right now with this news of your pregnancy-which is completely understandable! But, please don't let anyone pressure you into a decision about not keeping your baby. There is help available out there to get you through this time. For instance, have you considered getting in touch with a crisis pregnancy center? They offer a lot of free assistance to moms in your shoes. And, if you're interested, I know you can locate one by calling OptionLine (1/800-712-HELP). Lastly, I've also heard of an organization called Life Skills International that helps families who have been in abusive situations. So, they might be a source of assistance as well. Just some thoughts to consider. In the meantime, my prayers are with you! ((Hugs))

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Well I assume her parents are having to use the tough love approach and they do not want to financially support her and her kids. Once she moves home, how in the world will she ever leave with 3 kids to support?

OP you have some decisions to make. Can you support all these kids on your own? you can go on TANF and you will eventually have to file for child support. File for child support for your 2 kids anyways. Who cares what Dad says. He will eventually be ordered to pay. If he wants to go to jail over paying support that is his choice. Good luck

Quoting Robsessed98:

Your family will kick you and your two babies out if you don't abort this one? Are you serious? If they are that uncaring and cold, then forget them. Find friends or other relatives who will help, or if it comes down to it find a shelter. Go to the child support office and make him help support his kids. Be strong and determined and you will get through this time and will make a new life for your family. ((hugs)).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN