Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How are you saving money with one income?

Posted by   + Show Post
Hello girls (and power to us:),

How are you doing with saving money and do you? With one income we have to be very creative and wise. Pls, share all your ideas and whatever is working for you. I am trying to build (better say, starting) and any good advice is welcomed. I read so much on this topic, doing my budget and telling my money where to go but when it comes to savings it is hard. Well, as a single mum I have to be frugal and smart about tomorrow...I guess starting small for right now! Have a great Monday...!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Replies (31-31):
nina47
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Like Mommy2tolittemen, I put aside $200 from each paycheck into savings. I'm lucky to work for a company that really cares about health care benefits. My employer offers a flexible spending account, which is a benefits plan that lets you put money away towards health expenses. It's great because it is tax-free money so you save. I've been able to visit a chiropractor since my back is always killing me, and also save on medical products for my family. My friend told me about this online store fsastore.com that has a lot of info on flex spending accounts. Didn't know much about these plans until I signed up two years, and that's saved me a lot since then. Some of my friends have access to these plans too and are happy with the chance to be frugal and smart about their health care. Hope this helps :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN