Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

advice...

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM
  • 11 Replies
So my sons dad wants to be involved not that the dna test came back saying he's the dad. He hasn't seen him other then court dates and has only held him once. He will be a year old march 30th.
Its fantatic that he wants to be invovlesld and such.
Thing is I just saw he emailed me Sunday saying that he needs all this information to be put on his birth certificate. Which is fine.
My concern is that court is march 13th again to figire out child support but I don't have to go. He's wanting to my\our son to stay with him after court for a few days. He lives 3ish hours away and I think its too soon and he's not even a year old yet. It makes me super uncomfortable. I just don't know what to do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:50 PM

You don't have to go court?  Interesting.

Mylifeasmelissa
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM
We already went but he said he couldn't afford to pay 386 a month so its just gave him more time to try to pay less then what they figured out from his first pay stubs they looked when we went last month.

Quoting brieri:

Mylifeasmelissa
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM
We already went but he said he couldn't afford to pay 386 a month so its just gave him more time to try to pay less then what they figured out from his first pay stubs they looked when we went last month.

Quoting brieri:

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I feel you need to start slowly with visitation.  Start for a few hours with you there, so baby knows you are there.  Work your way up to a few hourse with him alone with baby.  Then a night away.  And if all goes well then look into doing the 3 or 4 in a row.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I would do the visitation with supervision if that is worked out with the ex.  If you feel comfortable within a few weeks to leave your ex with your baby then I would allow a few hours of separation.  Maybe in a few months time you go for an entire day of separation.  I would definately take it slow.  You need to feel comfortable that your baby is adjusting and that your ex can actually be responsible. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:31 PM

What does your court order about custody say about it? 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I agree with this.  If you don't already have a court ordered visitation papers I would check into that before you let him take him just to protect you and your child.

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

I feel you need to start slowly with visitation.  Start for a few hours with you there, so baby knows you are there.  Work your way up to a few hourse with him alone with baby.  Then a night away.  And if all goes well then look into doing the 3 or 4 in a row.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:38 AM
I agree he is a stranger to your son and he needs to realize that you aren't trying to be mean you are looking out for your sons best interest

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:15 AM
Without court ordered visitation I wouldn't let him go, but that's me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mylifeasmelissa
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:48 AM
There's nothing about costudy yet. I'm going to go talk to my child support case worker this week.

Quoting easinpc:

What does your court order about custody say about it? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)