Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

just trying to breath...

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM
  • 9 Replies
My ex goes to court tomorrow and I'm required to go. Its going to be hard because he'll be clean and the guy I fell in love with. It's going to be hard not to break down crying in the courtroom when I see him. I'm miserable. I try to act like I moved on atleast that's what I tell my friends but in truth everytime I close my eyes I see him.I The him he use to be with me wrapped in his arms and us happy. I just have to remind myself of the bad times and that's how ill have to cope tomorrow just reminding myself who he's become
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MommaCat0408
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:58 PM

You're going to get through this hun, I've been divorced about a year now and something when i think about the good times we had in out 10 year marriage, it is really hard on me. I, like you remind myself of why it fell apart in the first place. We are getting to a place where we communicate for the sake of the kids.

Hang in there, you're tough, we moms have to be! *hugs*

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM

*HUGS* hope it goes well

steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Yes, we all have had our days of good remembrance of our exes.  I've had those but very few.  I go to court to see my ex over the cs he is owed to my daughter and loans he still owes me.  I see a deadbeat who made a lousy husband and who has made a lousy father.  I remind myself of a total loser and jackass my ex has become.  It helps me get through the days.  The love is gone for this man.  All I have now is pity and I see him as a very pathetic loser. 

You can and will get thru your court date.  Just breath and look at this as a business transaction.  Because that's what it now is.  You have better days ahead of you. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Hugs!

mommyRojo
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Ugh!  My ex husband has totally grown up, stopped drinking, is a great dad and has been really nice to me and in dealing with all of our divorce/son/cs/$$ what have you.  It stinks cause THIS is the man I wanted. 

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Hopefully it'll go quickly.

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Just realize that even though you'll be seeing him clean again, he isn't and never will be the man you fell in love with again. Would the man you fell in love with have done the things the man he is now has done? No, or you wouldn't have been with him to begin with. Love the man he once was, dislike who became, and be happy for the man he is now. You have to move on and put the past behind you where it belongs. ((hugs))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Hugs mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgsharber
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM

The man you married is gone & will never return. You should really mourn that loss. That will not be him tomorrow. The guy standing in the court tomorrow is a wolf in sheeps clothing, just waiting for his next victim.

Think of him more like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)