Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long have you

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:52 AM
  • 45 Replies

been a single mother?

was it by your choice? or his?

whats the hardest part?

3.5 months, his choice, and i would say the emotional part of being a single mother is the hardest.

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:59 AM

for over a year

divorce made me a single mother

hardest part, not knowing how my son really feels about us being divorced. He says he understands but does he really understand. 

mnivis01
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:02 AM

That would be hard! My son is only 2, so hes still young and will most likely grow up with us not being together. Im just afraid he will be confused on why he couldnt be together! And feel like he is missing out on something....

Quoting virginiamama71:

for over a year

divorce made me a single mother

hardest part, not knowing how my son really feels about us being divorced. He says he understands but does he really understand. 

BambiEyes26
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this

10 months, my choice, the hardest part is sometimes feeling there isn't enough time in a day.

Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:56 AM
7 yrs. Because i divorced him. I wouldnt tolerate a no working child abuser.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Pretty much the entire time since being a mom (so over 3 years).

He left for someone else.

The hardest part is the sadness I have that my kids will never get to experience an intact family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:00 AM
4.5 years. He told me he wasn't happy. We talked about trying to work things out and then I found out he had been cheating since right after we got married. O am the one who then started the divorce process.

Quoting mnivis01:

been a single mother?

was it by your choice? or his?

whats the hardest part?

3.5 months, his choice, and i would say the emotional part of being a single mother is the hardest.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by Shayla on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:09 AM

For about 2 yrs now and it was his choice and im over any emotion I may have felt!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:20 AM
3 years I gave him an ultimatum and followed through with it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
morethanamemory
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:37 AM
A year and some odd months.

It was both our choices. He ended it....but when he came running back wanting to work on things this time I said no.

The hardest part for me would have to be dd really loves and misses him but he won't see her even though he claims he wants to. He is just a classic abuser and even though we aren't together tries to manipulate me all the time. Its a little hard to deal with but I thankfully learned through our time broken up that my happiness doesn't rest in him he is only a small part of my life...and I have so many other things to Be happy for.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:01 AM
My sons dad and I separated almost 7 years ago but our divorce has been final for about 6
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)