Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What can I do for affection and intimacy?

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2007 at 9:22 PM
  • 7 Replies
Okay, now that I'm all alone; except for the fact that I have two little girls. What do I do now when I want affection or intimacy? I don't do one night stands or have a special friend (someone I would only be having sexual encounters with); nor do i want to. What do I do to get me through these periods of pure loniliness? How long the the dry season usually last after a relationship ends?
by on Dec. 16, 2007 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
RebekahFWright
by on Dec. 16, 2007 at 9:32 PM
I know what you mean. I feel the same way after a long relationship ends. when my husband and i divorced, during the time i was single before i met the guy that i am with now, i missed affection and intimacy. its not sex that im was missing, just being close to someone. it wasnt much of a change though due to the fact that my ex husband wasnt too intimate during the last few months of our marriage. but anyways, i relied on friends to help me through the rough time. nothing sexual at all, just a shoulder to lean on, someone to give me a hug here and there, stuff like that. I am sure you haev friends and family that would be willing to be there for you. just rely on them for now and u will get through this. and ur kids will be a great help also.
OllieBaby
by on Dec. 17, 2007 at 2:16 AM
I suggest getting yourself a toy. Its not going to compare in the 'affection' department, but mine has been known to get me through dry spells quite nicely.
"The right pair of shoes can change your life."  -Cinderella
hotmama359
by on Dec. 17, 2007 at 12:26 PM
Love yourself first...there's nothing wrong with flirting. Pamper yourself..get a pedicure/manicure...get your hair done...put some makeup on!!! Occupy your mind..READ ...PRAY....when it's time for you to experience affection...intimacy..you will!!!! Intimacy means different things to different people..intimacy can be just sharing a cup of coffee together...a great conversation...a touch ...a whisper..
janndave
by on Dec. 17, 2007 at 11:07 PM

Hi there , Yes it's true that you will feel lonely after a relationship ends. Yes what they said is very true try pampering yourself in a way that you have never done before. You deserve so much than any others just think like that. And your kids are the best medicine although it maybe tiring but loving them hugging and kissing them will fill your gap at this time. I did the same after my separation with my husband from a very bitter marriage life for 6 years. You will find someone who is more than willing to share all with you if you are patient, dont pity yourself !!! Think that you deserve a better life. Keep yourself close to god that helped me very much and its worth it. Take care and may god bless you. Nobody else will love you more than your creator so confide in him, he will surely listen. Happy holidays !!!!

MomGirls
by on Dec. 17, 2007 at 11:21 PM
Thanks for all the replies they were very helpful. I think that I'm going to use some of those suggestions. And I think that occupying my time will be of very great value. I can develop that intimate relationship with my children by spending time with them. Going out together, drawing each other pictures, preparing meals together, singing and dancing together, talking and listening to one another, and other fun things. Sounds good! I can also read, pray, computer time, volunteer, etc.
meredith541
by on Dec. 19, 2007 at 11:29 AM
What exactly are you looking for? It doesn't sound sexual so, it sounds like you need to start dating.  Try friends family for fix ups and getting a babysitter once in a while and having a girls night out. You're sure to meet some boys that way. 

Since you're not looking for sex,  suggest you rely on your friends and family for support and relationships.  They will be your best group to surround yourself with.
mammakathy
by on Dec. 19, 2007 at 12:06 PM
I have a toy for my sexual needs & pets for affection.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)