Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I really need to vent to someone who might listen.

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:39 PM
  • 13 Replies

I already feel like I don't spend enough time with my daughter. It is so hard being a single mother working full time. I feel like she spends all of her time at daycare it it truely breaks my heart that lately when I drop her off and I wave bye bye, she claps. I work a full time 8-5 job and my boss just told me today that I just put in my time and get by and I will never advance or get raises unless I put forth extra effort. I already hardly see her and now I'm going to have 1 less hour with her per day. Will she hate me in the future for leaving her in daycare and being selfish and keeping her when she could have had a better life if she were adopted? I ask myself that all the time. This job truely is pretty easy on me, they are somewhat lenient on me as far as dr appointments and sick time(as long as I use my personal/vacation days) I just feel terrible for my poor baby who I'm pretty sure would rather be at daycare now than with me because she knows them better than she knows me. And she probably calls them mama. Now I'm at work and on the verge of tears.. actually some occasionally escape my eyes and I wipe them quickly as to not be seen because after my boss got on to me, I'm scared to even go to the restroom to cry.

Thanks for listening.

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arkmomma06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Hugs to you momma!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
She will see how hard you worked to give her what she needs.
She won't wish she was adopted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:10 PM
2 moms liked this

You are doing what millions of other single moms do and that's earn a living.  Be proud that you are caring, nurturing and loving your child everyday even though you have to work 40 hrs/week to be able to do this for your child. 

My daughter grew up in daycares and when she was old enough she spent time over at friend's houses until I or my ex got home from work.  I was never allowed to be a SAHM because my ex refused to get a decent paying job.  I felt guilty all day long when I left my baby at daycare.  Then I realized I had no choice.  I had to help pay the bills. Don't ever think that your daughter doesn't love you or appreciate you.  My daughter accepted the fact that both her parents had to work during the day.  She wasn't the only child in daycare.   There were  hundreds just like her.  She never called anyone 'mama' or 'daddy'.  The workers were there to take care of her.  She knew who her mama was and that was me.  She even gave me a special hug whenever she saw me.   That was worth the time spent away from her during the week.

You ARE doing the best for your child.  Don't ever think about adoption as a means to think you will alleviate the pain your child isn't even feeling.  What if she does get adopted?  What kind of a life will she have with new parents?  They will be more than likely be working full-time, too.  How will that make your child anymore 'happier'?  Continue to provide a wonderful home and be glad that you are able to financially support your own child.  There are a lot of deadbeat dads (like my ex) that could care less how their children are doing in life.  And, there are a lot of moms that don't even work or can't find work to support their children. 

jenmomx3
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

You have to do what you have to do to provide for your child.  When she gets older she won't be in daycare she will be in school, and that will take some of that guilt away.  Just keep in mind that she is having fun, playing and learning new things while you are gone.  She will appreciate your sacrifices when she is older.  And make the weekends count!!

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
You're doing what you have to to provide for your dd. She will not hate you for it when she's older. She will understand the sacrifices you made in order to take are of her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
massconfusion14
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you all very much for the kind words and encouragement! It makes me feel better just knowing that I have support in people that I don't even know! You are awesome Mommies!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Hugs!!

Mel1Cam
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Def don't think of adoption. For a while, when I was young of course, I was taken care of by my aunt who is a single mom of three kids. She used to wake us up at 4 am everyday, drop us off at a before school program and not pick us up until 5 pm. We knew she did it for us though while she worked two jobs. Kids can identify love and she knows you love her.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Hugs its not easy and I feel the same way but if I don't work we do t have a home and food I make special time just for him you will always be mom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Quoting jenmomx3:

l likey the movie - too cute.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)