Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

First time dating in over a year. Not sure what to think...

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:18 PM
  • 9 Replies

So about two months ago I started dating this guy. First time I've actually went out on a limb for finding someone since 2011 and he knows this. We both have busy schedules. He hasn't had anything but Thursdays and Fridays off for several years but still finds the time to take me out every week on at least one of those nights. And I can't get out of the house until after my little one is in bed. He even took me out on Valentines day, flowers and all of that sappy stuff. On our fourth date I even met his brother and spent some time at his father's house. We ended up sleeping together after that date. It was a mutual thing, we both wanted to. And everything seemed great. We were still talking everyday and flirting. BUT a couple days ago I noticed he was becoming distant after telling me he had a really shitty day. Since then we haven't talked much and he doesn't seem that interested in talking when we do. At least not how he used to. I'm just concerened because I have never slept with someone I'm not in a committed relationship with and the one time I do with someone I'm really into I start getting this weird vibe from him. Am I overreating or is is this feeling I'm having not so weird to everyone but me. I don't want to continue talking to someone if it's going to lead to nothing and I don't want to invest myself just to end up getting hurt. I just feel kind of stupid and used right at this moment. Any thoughts or advice? It would be very appreciated.

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe give it it some time without talking to him to see what happens but it sounds like he has gotten what he wanted and will be in contact again when the need arises again.

jinxmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

i agree with pp

sweetnspacey
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Trust your gut, give him some space.

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:25 PM
2 moms liked this
You're probably overthinking things. He may be stressed or distracted by another issue in his life. I would ask him what's up and take it from there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I say give it some time and see what happens. Good luck!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Give him a little space maybe something happened he's not ready to share with you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree you need to go with your gut instinct. Mine is usually correct. I briefly dated a guy over the holidays and felt something was not right so I ended it. He didn't fight it so I don't think he was too interested. I would ask him.
BritnieMichelle
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you all for the advice. I did take into account that maybe he's just not one to be bothered in tough and stressful situations. I let him know I was there if he needed to talk about it and that I hope he feels better. Just seeing where it goes from there. But honestly my gut is telling me it just didn't click and that was his way of letting me down without looking like a jerk. No regrets, just a lesson learned. I know not to ever make an exception no matter how sure I think I am about a guy. Again, I really appreciate the feedback.

s.osborne
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I agree with this. It sounds like that's what he wanted and now that he got it, he's done. You can give it some time and kind of let him know you're still hanging around without throwing all of yourself into it though. Like, if he calls and seems like that's what he wants, just say you're busy.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Maybe give it it some time without talking to him to see what happens but it sounds like he has gotten what he wanted and will be in contact again when the need arises again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)