Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

do you think you're better off alone or with a partner

Posted by   + Show Post
I got with an old friend after my Babys father we lasted for about a year...... now I'm finding that its hard to date, I don't mind too much cause my lil one keeps me busy but I do get lonely at times...... honestly I don't even know how to go about meeting someone new or if I even want anyone else to get close to my baby again....... did you ever take a long break from being in a relationship or if you did get into another relationship how did u know he was good enough to handle your situation being a single mom...... have you found love after your Babys father or did you prefer to stay single???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I hate being alone.  I've been alone truly since 2007.  My ex started to work another job on the side and spent an entire year working over 80 hrs/week.  Then in 2008 he got orders to become active duty.  He was officially active duty in Jan. 2009.  He stayed active duty until 2010 then sneaked into the home of his mistress.  He stayed with her until 2011 when he became deployed to Kuwait.  That's when he finally told me of his affair.  So, basically, I've been living alone for the past 6 years and technically married for four of of those six years.  Trust will be a huge factor in my next relationship.  I was married for 26 yrs to my ex.  It's a lifetime to throw away.  He wanted an end to our marriage and found a way out - his way out.  So, being single is something I've grown used to.  I miss companionship very much so.  It's mostly just me and the dog at night.  Yes, I'm much better off without my ex.  He's evil personified x 10.  I hope that I do find my true love and mate in life.  I am much better off with a partner.  No one is meant to be alone for the rest of their lives.  Loneliness leads to sorrow.  Who truly wants that?

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I date but I haven't found anyone that I want to keep around just yet. I'm waiting to find someone to add to my life but I don't NEED someone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hargonagain
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I have been 100% single for a year and 7 months and am honestly the happiest I have ever been.  I spend all the time I am not working with my son.   We go on weekend trips, visit friends and family, go to the zoo etc.   I am better off financially because every guy  I date is always broke (my picker is broken!) so I end up spending extra money on an adult!  I am much happier and better off single!

s.osborne
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Same here. I split from my son's father when he was two months old. 6 months later, I started dating an old friend and we were together almost 3 years. We split about a month ago. I have zero desire to start dating again, but I do miss him and get lonely sometimes.

Lovingmommy1028
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:33 PM

well i been single for a while know but i am ready to be in a relationship but i am not in a rush to find it but once the oppurtunity approaches ready to make it happen but goodluck mama i hope everything works out for you 

kitty8199
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Been single since 2010. Seeing someone now. Crazy about him. Maddie likes him, he likes her.
Hoping I'll never be single again, but absolutely terrified. If we break up it'll kill me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baseballmom5416
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:27 PM

i have been single since 2004..never went out on dates with anyone.i guess im just to scared to even try..but i do need to get out there and try..

wildhorses420
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM

For me personally...I just think being single works best for me. It doesn't work for everyone, but after losts of experience, I'm at peace with no relationship

Delila12
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Single until I get myself together. I don't want to stay single forever, but I'm through looking. Hopefully it'll find me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
flgirl12
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:06 PM

At this point in my life, being single is the best for me. Do I get lonely? Of course. But when I think about how I have the rest of my life to find someone PERFECT, then I am in no rush. I'm done settling just for the sake of security and companionship. My son and I deserve someone who is willing to give his all, and I'm content waiting until that person comes into our lives.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)