Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

do you think you're better off alone or with a partner

Posted by   + Show Post
I got with an old friend after my Babys father we lasted for about a year...... now I'm finding that its hard to date, I don't mind too much cause my lil one keeps me busy but I do get lonely at times...... honestly I don't even know how to go about meeting someone new or if I even want anyone else to get close to my baby again....... did you ever take a long break from being in a relationship or if you did get into another relationship how did u know he was good enough to handle your situation being a single mom...... have you found love after your Babys father or did you prefer to stay single???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
Iyannasmama
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel like its a total catch 22. Right now I couldn't bringing in a S.O in the middle of my mess. So although Im sticking to going without a relationship for now. My advice to you is let it burn, adjust to ur life and be patient with your process. Love will happen and the right one will be more than happy to be with u n your little one. Good luck. Im preaching to myself.

Jkia1boy
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Well for me, I hate beong single. I was in a "relationship" but he's been switching up on me since good things been happening in hid life so now I'm just trying to prepare my heart for the roller coaster ride. I just was counting on him to marry me i guess. I really hate being single, but just going to start trying to embrace it and never date another man who isn't on my level.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Maryfaith31823
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:52 AM
1 mom liked this
For me, being single for a while was best for me. I think you need time to find yourself no matter what age you are. Single parenting is the toughest thing I've ever had to do and if you can do it alone and be happy and then find someone to be happy with , both people will be much happier

Quoting TinaCrystal:

I got with an old friend after my Babys father we lasted for about a year...... now I'm finding that its hard to date, I don't mind too much cause my lil one keeps me busy but I do get lonely at times...... honestly I don't even know how to go about meeting someone new or if I even want anyone else to get close to my baby again....... did you ever take a long break from being in a relationship or if you did get into another relationship how did u know he was good enough to handle your situation being a single mom...... have you found love after your Babys father or did you prefer to stay single???

Baby5678
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:59 AM
Well I'm fairly new at being single... I go through waves.. Sad and a bit lonely..to really glad to have my own space with no one to bug me. To be honest I'm too freakin busy anyways! And can't really imagine being with anyone right now. Later maybe..
Kazmira222
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:20 AM
Me and my BD broke up last October and I've been single sense. I've chosen to stay that way because my life just seems too busy right now to even take on man lol but indeed, I do get lonely at times and it sucks. In a sense I feel as tho I've forgotten how to like a guy as well... And I'm only 20 yo! :/ I hope I find someone worthy one day. If not, then I'm ordering a box of cats lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amarie85
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I was single but dated casually for a little over a year. Then somehow ended up in a "semi relationship". Lol..it's a looong story.  I don't think I'll ever commit to someone 100% for the rest of my life. But a lot of that comes from a long horrible and painful divorce.

You can never rule out anything though. Love could hit you when you least expect it.

Amanda

Single mom in South Jersey

deltathree
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:09 PM

There's advantages and hard times with both scenerios.  There's pros & cons to everything.

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:25 PM
I been single for 5 years. Technically probably longer. Because when I was in a so call relationship with father of my kids. I was still a single parent. He was an abusive jerk.
I do want a partner. But I have stipulations. No friends with benefits type of relationship, no kind of abuse, have to be disease free
No mental illness, have to work, it can be at McDonald don't care, just as long have a income. I don't want a alcoholic or crackheads. Got to be at least 5" 4. If I can find a man fit that criteria, he in. But looks like I might be single for life.
IBNeaters
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I am so much more happier than I was when I was married!  My ex was a manipulative ass who made me stay home because he needed me too much.  Now I have the freedom to do what I want to do and not have to worry about stroking his fragile ego!  I'm happy being single, but I would not be opposed to the right man coming into my life.  I'm just waiting for God to send the right one!

Bellmont
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I like being single. Been that way sense 1998 found my ex was seeing the bitch next door.  In 99 father fell & broke his neck & had  stroke. I quit my job & took care of him for 6 yrs. No time to date in them 6 years.

But any way when the right man came your way the first thing is he has to love your child like his own.(that is a must) .I told mine that the deal breaker. DON'T CHEAT, DON'T LIE, DON'T HIT ME OR MY KIDS . 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN