Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

working single mom: how to cope w all

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:55 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am a single woman who planned the pregnancy and the support for my son's first year. I saved to take his first 14 months off and my mom spent his first 4 with us and then I traveled a lot to stay with her.

In september I went back to teaching when my son was 14 and 1/2 months. My first goal was to cope with him in daycare and work.We adjusted well and now I am trying to add another goal: mom's healthy habits (work out or me time) and work and quality time with baby.

I feel really guilty about taking time to go to the gym but my body really needs it.I am actually heavier than when I was pregnant.

does anyone have any feedback or encouragement?

we have a nanny that comes tue, thur and sund for 4 hours each day but between cooking healthy meals that I store and running a few errands, I always feel that those 4 hours are not enough to add gym time.

)

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I would feel more guilty about having a nanny than going to the gym. You are going there for your health. I don't understand the nanny though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nena70
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Add as much time for you. You need to take care of yourself . You are setting a good example for your son.

Life can be overwhelming with so much to do .  If you  set  a time and stick with it, everything will fall into place.  Remember to spend quality time with your baby/ ENJOY !!! . Time flys and you never get it back. 

ballerossandra
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I get home from work but I have to work from home too. He is too little to play on his own and I can't cook, clean, work and eat my own meals and do laundry without a little bit of help. I'm sorry if you can do it all but he zero help. No aunt, mom, friend or anyone around. So she is the only little help.

Quoting Robsessed98:

I would feel more guilty about having a nanny than going to the gym. You are going there for your health. I don't understand the nanny though.

ballerossandra
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:10 AM

FYI, the nanny is almost never alone with my son s I should not feel guilty

Quoting Robsessed98:

ballerossandra
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Here's a typical schedule with nanny:

i meet her at day are between 3.50 and 4 on tue and thur.

the 3 of us go home.

4.10 arrive home,

nanny and son play while I get dinner ready and start organizing things that need t get ready that evening ( laundry, more cooking, grocery shopping, work tasks)

5 pm dinner ( sometimes nanny and baby eats and sometimes I feed him). 

Between 5 and 7: dishes, laundry, cooking and freezing, work from home.

7 bath time and reading time

7.30 prayer and bed time.

nanny helps sorting out toys, folding laundry, sweeping, etc.

we don't have a dishwasher and the washing machine is downstairs outside the apartment so I ccan't do it after he falls asleep.

8 pm nanny leaves.

some of my work needs to be submitted before 8 pm.

Some evenings we go to an indoor playground with nanny and I work on my computer while they play or run errands together.

i hope that clarifies and I'm also trying to say that before you use the word guilty about me having a nanny, you should ask questions

Quoting Robsessed98:

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Sorry you are so offended. I have my opinion based on hour op and I shared it. Maybe you should explain your situation when you post asking for advice.

Quoting ballerossandra:

Here's a typical schedule with nanny:

i meet her at day are between 3.50 and 4 on tue and thur.

the 3 of us go home.

4.10 arrive home,

nanny and son play while I get dinner ready and start organizing things that need t get ready that evening ( laundry, more cooking, grocery shopping, work tasks)

5 pm dinner ( sometimes nanny and baby eats and sometimes I feed him). 

Between 5 and 7: dishes, laundry, cooking and freezing, work from home.

7 bath time and reading time

7.30 prayer and bed time.

nanny helps sorting out toys, folding laundry, sweeping, etc.

we don't have a dishwasher and the washing machine is downstairs outside the apartment so I ccan't do it after he falls asleep.

8 pm nanny leaves.

some of my work needs to be submitted before 8 pm.

Some evenings we go to an indoor playground with nanny and I work on my computer while they play or run errands together.

i hope that clarifies and I'm also trying to say that before you use the word guilty about me having a nanny, you should ask questions

Quoting Robsessed98:

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:19 PM
You dont need a gym to work out. Buy work out DVD and do excercise at home. Or go for walks with baby in stroller. At 14 months you could even do dance videos with him. Kids love music and jumping around. Or do it when son is asleep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stillstandin246
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Don't feel bad about having a nanny. Things won't magically do themselves and if you can afford having someone to help out, go for it. But u do need time for yourself, you might have to use some of that time to go to the gym.
ballerossandra
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I don't feel guilty for having a nanny on tue and Thursday for 4 hours each day.i didn't like t that someone posted saying that I should feel guilty for having one.

Quoting stillstandin246:

Don't feel bad about having a nanny. Things won't magically do themselves and if you can afford having someone to help out, go for it. But u do need time for yourself, you might have to use some of that time to go to the gym.

stillstandin246
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I agree with you! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)