Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Being in a relationship and dealing with your ex

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:40 AM
  • 23 Replies

I'm just curious about anyone involved in a relationship, what kinds reactions have been given from your ex and how have you dealt with them if they have been negative. I have a feeling when I'm in a new relationship eventually, my ex is going to be a complete douche.

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:21 AM
I'm not in a relationship but my friend has had nothing but drama from her ex he went crazy when she started dating
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the.real.me
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:24 AM
2 moms liked this
They get over it eventually. Just try to stay mature about stuff. No matter how much you want to thump em sometimes :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:51 AM
They hate each other but have only seen each other once in over 2 years.
breebree04
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

When I was in a relationship I just kept bf and exh away from each other. My bf hated my ex but didnt ever want a confortation with him because of the kids. My exh would have started shit whether the kids were there or not because he is very immature like that. My exh acts like a dick and picks fights with me purposely if he knows Im dating someone but theres not much you can do about it except try to be the bigger person and ignore him

BambiEyes26
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I just feel like he's going to be a douche because he doesn't want me to be with someone better and for me to move on with my life. He's a complete control freak and tries to still be in control, even during this entire divorce process. My divorce will be finalized within the next month or so.  It's going to be interesting to see if I do get into a serious relationship or whatnot and see how that transition goes.

The only "male" contact I have at the moment is this guy in the army that I'm emailing back and forth with at the moment. I'm not sure where that'll lead, but he seems nice so far, but time can only tell. I know my ex will throw a fit since he was in the Marines and was denied re-enlistment because of standards that he couldn't meet. So, far, I'm just taking one day at a time while taking on my responsibility of my kids, finishing school, and beginning a career. I'm very excited and optimistic actually :)

steviechick
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I don't have any contact with my at all.  He has literally walked out on me and my daughter.  In the future IF they start to talk and get back to a decent relationship (prior to the divorce) my ex would more than likely not be phased about me moving on with someone.  He walked out on me.  So, he lost any interest in me whatsoever.  He's never truly been totally in love with me because he would have stayed married and not cheated on me.   The physical feelings we had for each other have been gone and for quite some time.  I have no male contact with anyone.  I don't even date.  I plan on moving next year to GA, so the further away I am from my ex douche bag the better off I will be.  I've been lucky not to have seen him or his tramp anywhere out in public with their brood.  It's probably a good thing he's a perpetual financial deadbeat.  Probably can't even afford to have dinner with his big family now.  LOL!

GoldenLinds
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:15 PM
I think I'll just try to remember to laugh at him anytime he starts to get worked up. I'll keep lines on hand like "you walked away" or "its not your business" or "just keep talking if it makes you feel better but I'm walking away now". My ex loves inciting confrontation so I just try to deny him at all costs.
mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:21 PM
According to my ex i'm NOT allowed to date and he's told me if he finds out i have a bf he's going to take our daughter from me
BambiEyes26
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:14 PM

We have it written in our divorce decree that the kids cannot be around a significant other until it's considered a "serious relationship", my ex asked for this to be added. Hilarious.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

According to my ex i'm NOT allowed to date and he's told me if he finds out i have a bf he's going to take our daughter from me

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:16 PM

hi and welcome to the group.

Aww, a control man.  Be careful when dating, a guy can and will split from you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN