Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Anyone ever been to a pre trial conference??

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:08 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

What exactly are they?? I have never been in front of a judge and I am SOOOOO nervous for some reason!

My ex and I went to a custody conference and we then recieved a recommended custody order. Well, he then filed exceptions to it so now its just a temporary custody order and tomorrow we have a pre trial conference thing. I get so sick to my stomach over all of this.

How do you mamas cope with it all?

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Court930
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:11 PM

anybody?

Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:25 PM
*bump* im still awaiting a 1st court case. Hopefully someone else in here knows. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:27 PM
2 moms liked this
I have a few times. Basically they give you a chance to reach an agreement before going all the way to trial. Their goal is to avoid a nasty trial if at all possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenmomx3
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:46 PM

You just sit in chambers and talk to the judge. No biggie.

Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:05 PM

You both will be able to talk to the judge and see if you can reach an agreement. I hope you can.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Each with your attorney (if both of you), sit in front of the Judge.  Your attorney acts on your behalf.  If no attorney available, you talk before the Judge.  Trials for custody generally don't make it that far.  So don't worry.

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:12 PM
When we did ours there were conference rooms and we had a few different judges that rotated between the rooms to help mediate if needed. When we both had lawyers we all 4 met in the room and reached an agreement. Then if judge approved it was reasonable and neither of us were being pushed into an agreement... then he signed off and court date dropped
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I think it's like mediation try and come to an agreement before court
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
40sandPreg
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM
If you have an attorney be sure to USE them. They are your advocate.
Let them represent you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wildhorses420
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I'm going through the same thing. It's awful what it does to the nerves. I'm a wreck. I was wondering the same thing since we have one coming up. I'm not coping well, just trying to stay busy and not fall apart in front of the kids. I feel your pain

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)