Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

New!

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:46 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello ladies! My name is Kaht, I'm 25 and I have two kids. I'm recently divorced and a single Mom. I was before I got married with my now 4.5 year old DD, and now just took custody of my ex-husbands son whom is 5.5, We gained custody of my SS while we were married and with the divorce he signed his rights over to me, so, I am now the full custodian of my DSS. Like I said, I was a single Mom with my DD (from a past relationship) for over 2 years, and now I'm back to being a single Mom. My ex was a truck driver and gone 6-8 weeks at a time, so, even when I was married, I was alone with the kids. I feel a lot better being back on my own 100%. I know it's not ideal for a lot of women, but, I do better when I'm single... if taht makes any sense! ANYWAYS!

I live in Orlando,Fl and would LOVE to meet other single Moms and be able to maybe meet up! Nice to meet everyone!

*~*Mommy to Allyana(7.5.08), StepMom to Aidan(6.5.07), & My Angel Baby Jovanny(3.6.10)*~*

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
breebree04
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Welcome to the group! Sometimes being single is better especially if you were already pretty much living the single mom life while you were married. Good Luck with everything

welcome to cafemom

steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Hi, Kaht and welcome to the group.  I've been divorced for just over a year and have a teenage daughter attending college.  I'd rather be single then be married to the ex.  He was a lousy father and husband.  I felt just like I was single when I was married to him.  He was never around and chasing after a co-worker while being active duty into another state.  Total DB.  We single moms rock!  Wish I lived in FL, but I don't.  However, looking foward to chatting with you here.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

How did you retain dss, if you don't  mind me asking?

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Welcome!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilMamaK
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:29 AM

My SS bio Mom lost custody of him and his half brother last year for child abuse, child neglect, and hoarding. So, my ex and I gained custody(Yes, I was given custody as well, my husband and our lawyer had me worked in because my ex is a trucker and I'd be the main caregiver). When me and my ex divorced, he gave me his rights because he is a trucker and never home. We felt it's in the best interest for SS to remain with me and ex will visit on his home time. That way the kids are none the wiser. SS and DD have had WAY to much going on this past year to have to deal with me and ex's issues, ya know?

Quoting brieri:

Hi and welcome to the group.

How did you retain dss, if you don't  mind me asking?

*~*Mommy to Allyana(7.5.08), StepMom to Aidan(6.5.07), & My Angel Baby Jovanny(3.6.10)*~*

LilMamaK
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Thanks ladies!!!

divinemomma
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Welcome...I have a great article about how to be a successful single mom. It has its challenges but you can do it. Let me know if you'd like me to email you the PDF. 

arkmomma06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Welcome to the group
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Welcome!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)