Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Hi

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi my name is Barbara and I just became a single mom.  And right now I'm in need of some advice.

my soon to be ex husband's girlfriend's mom calls my son her grandson.  now i like the fact that he is accepted and all.  but is wrong with me asking him to not have her call him her grandson and one of her boys.  i dont want my husband back that ship has sailed.  the only problem i'm having is him calling his girlfriend mom or mommy and her mom calling him her grandson.  i'm really loss at this point and not sure what to do.

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
brieri
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

dawncs
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:03 PM

You can't make him or her stop your son calling her Mommy. However, I would talk about it with him. I would ask him this question: How would you like my every boyfriend to call him Daddy? If you say that he has one Daddy and it is you, it is being very hypocritical to say the least. You should be correcting her on it. I am though very happy that she is very accepting of our son and you as a package deal though.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Welcome! Is girlfriend going to be wife? If not I think it's reasonable to ask until she does to hold out on the grandma thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XoiyaCreations
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:34 AM

actually yeah i can.  she's not his mom i am.  if his dad doesnt want to respect my wishes on that then my son wont go over there.  and he can visit him at my place.  i'm not trying to be mean or anything but as his mother i have every right to say i dont my son calling her mom or mommy.

Quoting dawncs:

You can't make him or her stop your son calling her Mommy. However, I would talk about it with him. I would ask him this question: How would you like my every boyfriend to call him Daddy? If you say that he has one Daddy and it is you, it is being very hypocritical to say the least. You should be correcting her on it. I am though very happy that she is very accepting of our son and you as a package deal though.

XoiyaCreations
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:35 AM

me and him are still married.  he had an affair with her.  so until we get divorced i'm not sure how to handle it.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Welcome! Is girlfriend going to be wife? If not I think it's reasonable to ask until she does to hold out on the grandma thing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)