Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

heart broken

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:25 PM
  • 6 Replies
So I am a single mom, and yes I know I made the decision to lay with these guys and yes I knew the possibilities of having unprotected sex. But why must we not only be single moms and in my case the sole provider folr EVERYTHING cause his dad doesn't come around regular or return phone calls regularly or pay the court oredered child support to help provide for him. But now my son wants to likve with his dad and in his words because of his bumblebee back pack and a handful of cheap toys his dad had for him when he used to keep him for weekends 9 months ago and raves about how much he loves his dad. Mean while I am chopped liver who does not do fun things all the time because I am worried about providing and teaching him lessons and educational things and he has to share my time with 2 other people in the house. Dad comes over for a few hours a few times a month and get to play computer, PS3 and play outside with just him. How do I get through this??, it wasn't this hard with my oldest cause his dad has not been a part of his life since he was old enough to remember.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:52 AM
Bump
strangeyfine
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:57 AM
4 moms liked this

Oh mama. It's not because your son doesn't love you. It's because he knows that you love him and will always be there for him. With his dad he is scared that he's going to lose him, that one day his dad just will stop coming around altogether. That's hard for a little kid to understand. He just wants his daddy to love him like a daddy should. I know this is hard. Keep heart mama, and stay strong.

ayacocca
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:09 AM
So on point.. this-

Quoting strangeyfine:

Oh mama. It's not because your son doesn't love you. It's because he knows that you love him and will always be there for him. With his dad he is scared that he's going to lose him, that one day his dad just will stop coming around altogether. That's hard for a little kid to understand. He just wants his daddy to love him like a daddy should. I know this is hard. Keep heart mama, and stay strong.

tyfry7496
by Janet on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Very good point!

Quoting strangeyfine:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hargonagain
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

My son has seen his father 5 times in 5 1/2 years.  One time 2 years ago his dad gave him $5 (literally the only money he has ever paid out) and all my son can talk about is how his dad gave him money lol.  I don't get upset by it.   I know that I am the one who provides 100% of everything for my son.  If my little one wants to  hold on to that memory of his dad giving him money, that's ok with me.  I think that when they are older, both our sons will know who it was that took care of them, loved them and were always there for them.

Robsessed98
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Kids romanticize the part-time parent for some reason. We are the bad guy bc we are the disciplinarian. Learn to deal with it, because when they get older they see reality and guess who the favorite parent is... Yep, Mom!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)