Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe she wants to this to her daughter...

A longtime friend well at a distance because of how she is, but she tells me today that shes starts back at her Job that she was layed off last November. She lives with her parents now. She says that her schedule is from 5 to 1 am  and plans on getting an apt close to her job so she can leave her 4 year old daughter ALONE at home because of not finding babysitter and cost. She will get paid $10 an hour, I managed with mine paying daycare for two but making way less. She says will do camera and skype her to make sure shes okay and come home on her breaks to check on her and feed her. I told her what if she gets out her response was laughing I taugh my daughter well. Honestly she isnt a good mom I feel sorry for her daughter she goes and buy fancy clothes and all for hereself but not much taugh of her own daughter. We went to a park and she was so rude to her daughter didnt want to play with her instead yelled at her to go by hereself or she will get spanked.

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
twinsnseptember
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I would leave my 4 yo home while I ran to the store much less at work

tina08mommy
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Wow. I would Call the cops or cps on her if she does that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd let her know real quick that if she does it for even one night I would be calling cps about it. Friend or not, that's irresponsible ands endangering a child.i
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:41 AM
MAYBIE U COULD OFFER TO HELP HER OUT TILL SHE CAN FIND A BABY SITTER.. THAT'S A DISASTER WAITING TO HAPPEN .
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:36 PM
I trusted my son at 4 to not go outside. He is going to be 6 in 5 months, I still wouldn't leave him alone at home. That's crazy, a lot of things can happen.
Jennyanne322
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:24 PM
I would do this or call CPS.

Quoting little.wise.owl:

Just wait till she leaves her daughter home alone and goes.to work and call the cups and tell them you know of some one who is leaving her 4 yo home alone
brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Woowsie!

Mommy2TwinGirls
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:59 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I knew this was happening to a child & didn't do something about it. you should call cps & cops if you know she ends up doing this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaveFaith1215
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:03 PM
2 moms liked this

I would definitely call the cops and CPS.  That's just crazy not to mention extremely bad parenting. I don't even let my 8 year old throw away the trash by herself. 

Quoting Blessed_Mommy87:

Am thinking about that.

Quoting little.wise.owl:

Just wait till she leaves her daughter home alone and goes.to work and call the cups and tell them you know of some one who is leaving her 4 yo home alone

CafeMom Tickers
katfeemom
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I think that it seemed rather obvious that she's not a good mom.  You really didn't need to state that.  And BTW I'm pretty sure that it is illegal to leave a 4 y/o alone (unsupervised) for ANY amount of time in any state

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)