Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Am I being to needy?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:07 AM
  • 11 Replies

I just started dating a guy (a self professed "former" player and attention whore).  We talked and decided to only see each other.  Am I being too needy/insecure when it upsets me to not hear from him all day?  Not even a text to say "how was your day?"  Or "good night".  Something!! 

I am always the one who initiates contact.  Who invites him over or asks him to do something.

Ugh...It is just so frustrating.  I feel like maybe I am just being insecure but I thought when you were boyfriend and girlfriend you spoke to the person, in some fashion, everyday?  Have things changed that much since I've been out in the dating world?  He doesn't even like to talk on the phone.  He will only text.  I've called him but he never answers. 

Thoughts?

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ms-superwoman
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Sounds like he isn't that interested.

pianokisses
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:16 AM
I agree hes prob not interested. I learned that from my past experiences. Someone else prob has his interest
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
s.osborne
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM

He sounds like a dick. I wouldn't waste my time on him.

Robsessed98
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:33 AM
I know guys like that. They don't get that it matters to us. Tell him you need to at least have a hi every day. If he won't do it, he's too self-absorbed so tell him to hit the road.
mytrueloveS
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:37 PM
I hate when guys call every day, too needy. When I started dating my bf we would only see each other weekends, just txt to make plans. Don't txt or call him any more, if he doesn't call u in one week then forget about him. Once a week to me is fine, especially when you start.
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:33 PM
If you are making all the contacts then id worry too.
MamaCarrieD
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:59 PM

I have gone through that before and it's even worse when you marry that guy and end up hurt like I did. I wouldn't waste my time and find someone who wants to spend time with you IMHO.

teaCarrie

brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:03 PM

That self-professed "former" player and attention whore says alot.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:22 PM
In sorry once a player always a player. My ex said he wouldn't go back to that after I had my kid I found out he had another girlfriend the whole 2 years we were together
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wildhorses420
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Wait for him to contact you or kick him to the curb. You're going to get hurt

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)