Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Holly Madison Plans to Eat Her Placenta After Giving Birth

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:48 PM
  • 13 Replies

Posted on February 24, 2013 - 02:57:25 by  Lifetime.moms

Holly Madison has some serous post-baby plans - and they aren't just limited to decorating the nursery and breastfeeding. The mama-to-be said she wants to eat her placenta after giving birth to her first child in March.

"This might sound gross, but I'm totally planning on having my placenta turned into pills I can take after giving birth," the former Playboy model and "Girls Next Door" star wrote on her blog. "I heard it helps women recover faster and I want to recover as quickly as I can!"

Hugh Hefner's ex isn't the only one to jump on this strange yet increasingly popular trend. January Jones revealed last year that she had opted to consume her placenta in pill format after giving birth to son Xander. And she had nothing but positive things to say about the experience.

"It's a very civilized thing that can help women with depression or fatigue," Jones said. "I was never depressed or sad or down after the baby was born, so I'd highly suggest it to any pregnant woman."

Placenta capsulation is not FDA-approved and despite its nutritional value, it hasn't been scientifically proven to help any ailments.

It may be a natural, some people swear it has benefits. But this is something I would NEVER EVER do. What about you? Would you eat your own placenta?

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armyvet06
by Ashley on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:51 PM
That's gross. I could never and would never do that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aubs1990
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Eeewww, hell no! Gross.

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:57 PM
It has tons of health benefits
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:26 AM
No thank you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:36 AM
In other counries families make soup with it. There are tons of nutrients in it... as a pill, I would do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoldenLinds
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Good for her. Embrace it!! I used mine in our garden. I guess in a way I'm eating it through my awesome veggies. I didnt have the resourcws to do anything else with it or I would have.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:01 AM

I eat meat.  In pill format I dont see what the big deal. 

MentorMom1
by on May. 28, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Read my post, "The Dog Ate the Placenta" on my website, familyfieldguide.com. 

mommersx4
by Member on May. 28, 2013 at 10:21 PM

In the 70's that was common in Le Leche natural birth communities to cook it in  a stew or soup or bury in your garden. Why not? It is the natural thing to do in the animal world. I would like to research this subject. With all the post partum depression maybe something to it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)