Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Pregnant, and seeing someone who isn't the father, is it okay or not?

I am 33 weeks pregnant and here is my long story: In January 2012 I met a guy a lot older than me, and ever since we have been seeing each other. Before then I had just gotten out of a relationship with my high school sweet heart, a four year relationship. The older guy I am still seeing to this day has a job that requires him being gone for a month and home for a month so I only see him 6 months out of the year. Well in July of 2012 he left at the end, and we parted on bad terms and ended. I slept with my ex a couple of days later. I found out that I was pregnant August 17th, and by then I had told my high school sweetheart that I don't want to go back to those four years we had and stayed with the older guy after patching things up. By older I mean that I am 19, he is 27. I needed a paternity test, and we had a very pricey one done for the prenatal dna test that took our blood and it compared the baby's proteins with the alleged fathers. And it turns out that my ex (highschool sweetheart) was the father. But when I told him he was the father, he said he didn't want any part in it. And the guy I've been with wants to make things work regardless. We are not officially dating, but he wants to continue and see how things are when the baby gets here. I don't understand why he continues to stick around while I am pregnant with my exes baby, and I just want some opinions whether they are harsh or not. Is it okay that I am doing this? Do you think it will work being a mother to my child and seeing this man? I ask because I really want things to work, and he does to. He said if things went good, he would eventually take my daughter in as his own. I don't plan on screwing up anymore, and I don't regret what happened because even though my daughter is not here yet, I could NOT picture my life without her. So opinions please? Thanks..
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Replies (11-14):
Lilys_Mommy413
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Yeah, I am leaving it blank. We have to see how things go first before that happens. 

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I think its okay to date someone else while you're pregnant with someone else's child however I don't think its okay to be sleeping with that other person. Just seems gross to me lol To each thier own though.

Aubs1990
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I don't think its a bad thing I just wouldn't do it.

Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Jut be advised though, that if you go on any assitance or put the baby on medicaid, you probably will have to identify the father. BTW you sound very mature for being 19. Best of luck to you,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)