Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

The ex's friend...awkward or not?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:59 PM
  • 8 Replies

He starting texting about two weeks after my ex left (over 3 months ago).  They weren't super close, just rode motorcycles together with a group of guys.  Anyways, we're just now starting to date and my ex is furious.  I'm not having a sexual relationship with the new guy because we're taking things slow.  Is this an awkward situation or not?

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
BambiEyes26
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:33 PM

This shouldn't be awkward. He wasn't a friend of both of yours during your relationship, just a motorcycle buddy of your ex. Not like he was the guy that would come over to watch football every sunday or whatnot. Even if he was, it isn't your ex's business and I'm sure your judgement is good enough otherwise you wouldn't be involved with this guy.

michiganmom5150
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Nah. They weren't that close, if friend is cool with it, then don't worry about the ex.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

camommy08
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:21 PM

if they were just riding buddies than no. i think the ex is just jealous

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Only as awkward as you want it to be.   It is your life your decision they wern't best buddies do whats best for you he would probably be livid if it was anyone

raegan1221
by Raegan on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Agree.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Only as awkward as you want it to be.   It is your life your decision they wern't best buddies do whats best for you he would probably be livid if it was anyone

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kalismommy20130
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM
No, it's not awkward at all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RJC78
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Thanks ladies...Idk why I feel guilty for seeing him.  The divorce gets finalized this Wednesday so I think I'll feel better once that is done. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)