Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:22 PM
  • 6 Replies

If you disagree with the Plan B or abortion: Hypothetically its a friends with benefits relationship & the condom broke or whatever excuse happene.The woman is not on bc due to working on getting insurance, Your trusting in condoms.

What would you expect the guy to do? Would you even expect him to step up? Or would you just let him off the hook?

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I hope to never have a FWB situation but if I ever came into one, birth control from both adults is expected and both of us are responsible for the pregnancy and should both make a decison together.

hnjen12
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:49 PM

bump

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:00 PM

It takes two to make a baby and that's one of the side effects of sex :)  Also hypotheticly most states have coverage for women to get free or cheap birth control planned parenthood or even clinics can help you apply.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Agree... it takes two to make a baby, therefore both should be responsible.

Quoting virginiamama71:

I hope to never have a FWB situation but if I ever came into one, birth control from both adults is expected and both of us are responsible for the pregnancy and should both make a decison together.

tyfry7496
by Janet on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd take the Plan B. it does NOT cause an abortion. If you're already pregnant it does nothing. I would not have an abortion though. If I was pregnant already I'd have and raise the baby, with or without the father.

BOTH need to be responsible for birth control.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Agree.

Health insurance is not needed to get birth control,but its becoming an excuse as to why some people will not use it.

Its available to everyone who wants it, we just have to go out there and find the resources. If the guy involved knew she was not using birth control due to finances, no health insurance he should have suggested the option to go find free/low cost options or he should have helped her pay for it until she got her health insurance.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

It takes two to make a baby and that's one of the side effects of sex :)  Also hypotheticly most states have coverage for women to get free or cheap birth control planned parenthood or even clinics can help you apply.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)