Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sick and talking care of a toddler

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ha a question for all you mamas. how do you deal when your sick and you stll have to do everything?

Laundry, take care of your child, feel like death warmed over and just in general cope. 

Tracy

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Just do alittle at a time, try to get rest when they sleep and be prepared to catch up when you start to feel better. 

mamalusbear
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:41 PM

The entire family was sick for a month...really you just have to put anything you can on hold.  Take care of yourself and the baby, enlist your SO's help with the chores.  It's okay if you need to take a break from the chores and get well.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:02 PM

It's no fun but I suck it up and the laundry can wait.  I will make it a movie day put out a bunch of healthy snacks for him to choose from that he can get himself.  If its really really bad I try and find someone to take him for a few hours so i can sleep but i've only done that once and that's because i couldn't get away from the toilet

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:05 PM

This is the time when you let your little one watch some television and you rest and don't worry about anything else but that he/she is safe and that you are working on getting better.

If the laundry or housework really needs to be done right now, call a friend or family member for some help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)