Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I have to leave my son behind...

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM
  • 28 Replies

I currently live just north of Fresno, California.  I have a 5 year old son.  I got a job transfer to Sacramento that starts tomorrow.  I have not found housing yet, so I am going to be staying with a friend until I find a place.  I am leaving my son with my Mom until I get us a place and get him enrolled in school.  I am so sad that I have to leave him for a whole week, I have never been away from him that long before.

Anyone have any ideas on how to make it easier for both of us?  I am going to call every night, but any other suggestions?

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Im sorry ::hugs::: i dont know other than reassure him by calling like you said. I hope everything goes smooth for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Hugs its only a week the time will fly maybe you can Skype a few times a day? Read him a bedtime story etc?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harleigh07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:26 AM

oh! I'm sorry! Just keep busy during the day with your new job and finding the perfect place! And call every night! It will fly by and when he comes everything will be situated and in order!! =)

KPBMom
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM
3 moms liked this

Leave him a small present (box of crayons, small book, etc) for him to open every day or every other day.  Kind of like an Advent calendar counting down to when Momma comes home!

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:57 PM
A week is nothing. I had to send my kids to live with their Dad for 2 years. I lost my job abd apt so it was best for kids to move to CA with their Dad (i went to AZ where i had a friend i could live with and a job lined up... just not enough room for all 3 of us). I have been back in CA for about 7 years now but kids still mention how much they hated being away from me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ImaSoulMom
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
What a great idea! Big Hug! I know you are going to miss your baby but you are a good mom, getting everything together so your son can have a good life. He is safe with your mom. Be glad for that. My mom can't take care of herself much less my kids. Time will go by fast and you will have your beautiful kiddo back with you soon!

You can do it! :)

Quoting KPBMom:

Leave him a small present (box of crayons, small book, etc) for him to open every day or every other day.  Kind of like an Advent calendar counting down to when Momma comes home!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:06 PM

A week is not too long - and then your going to wish to say, :could have a little more time to self."  Good luck in your endeavors.

hargonagain
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I love the idea of a gift a day!  I know it is only a week and I feel for anyone who has to be away longer.  I am going to go get him some gifts to open!

KRIZZ25
i love my black men ,my rocker dudes but the only ones the love me back are babies ,old mean ..can we meet in the middle .
Today at 5:20 PM
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM
video camera or video message..get him a stuff bear or something to cuddle.. leave a special gift of urs ..like ur special reckless or earnings,ring ,..and say u" keep this for mommy "..or have him mark the days off wth red pen on calendar. u mark the day u come back..
pce68
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Can you do Skype or facetime on an ipod or iPad?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)