Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I have to leave my son behind...

Posted by   + Show Post

I currently live just north of Fresno, California.  I have a 5 year old son.  I got a job transfer to Sacramento that starts tomorrow.  I have not found housing yet, so I am going to be staying with a friend until I find a place.  I am leaving my son with my Mom until I get us a place and get him enrolled in school.  I am so sad that I have to leave him for a whole week, I have never been away from him that long before.

Anyone have any ideas on how to make it easier for both of us?  I am going to call every night, but any other suggestions?

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Replies (21-28):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Lol no way! I grew up there and finally moved away in 2006. Congrats on moving to sac!

Quoting hargonagain:

Yes, we do live in Madera, lol.

Quoting faerie75:

i actually did the same exact thing. i lived in madera (lol are you from there?) and got a job in san jose. it started may 1 and i wanted them to finish their school year. i have very supportive parents that kept them though and i wasnt that stressed about it other than missing them.

i went home on weekends and called every night.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JaQuan_Jayla
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:14 PM

hugs

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Hugs and good luck. I agree with calls, Skype and/or FaceTime.
s.osborne
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Oh my Lord, when I read this title, my heart fell out of my body almost lol. It is only a week. I think calls would be great and maybe you can skype if your mom and you both have accounts and computers?

hargonagain
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I have called every night after work and I have mailed him a card every day too.  He loves getting mail.  I still have not found a place for us to rent yet, but I am looking!

Landinosmom
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:00 AM
I'm sure he will love getting your cards each day (not only is he getting mail, it's mail from MAMA!) & talking to him every day will give him somethin to look forward to & help him get through the week! And whenever you're feeling sad & missing him like crazy, think about all the ways you & your son will benefit from this move, the fun you'll have discovering new parks, playgrounds & activities in the area, the excitement of bringing him home to your new apartment & setting up all your stuff to make it your own, and all the good things to come from your new job & new home! I know when my son goes to his dad's it helps me cope if I try to focus on the fun we'll have when we're together again-maybe it will help in your situation too!? Good luck!
hargonagain
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Thanks for all of the ideas and moral support, ladies!  We have made it through the first week, I will be going home as soon as I get off work at 5 tonight.  We have a busy weekend ahead of us and I took Monday off work so I can spend the day looking for a place to rent.  I haven't had any luck finding a place yet.  

Robsessed98
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Between a new job, looking for housing and everything else you have to do that week, it will be easier than you think. Take some time and have some adult fun with your friend. The week will be over before you realize it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN