Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Back to visitation order

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:08 PM
  • 8 Replies

I thought I could be civil and work around my ex's schedule so he can see his son.  All I have asked of him is to let me know a time to pick him up and drop him off.  He's never done it and I've let it pass; for my son's sake.  I've had enough, it's 8:10 and my son is not home yet.  He needs to get bathed and put to sleep early; he has school.  I asked ex to bathe him and the fucker won't do it.  I'm starting to see this as being disrespectful towards me.  Every time I nag at him about the hour and letting me know at what time he plans to drop off my son, he gets all butt hurt and starts threatening me.  I can't do it anymore, back to the visitation order.  He's not getting his way anymore.  

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Good. Not your job to make it easier for him. I'd do the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:54 AM

Hey, you tried. If he can't show some respect back your way, it's not necessary to keep accomodating him and his rudeness.

breebree04
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:13 AM

you were being mature and trying to work with him, if he cant do the same then his loss. I dont blame you at all for going back to the visitation order.

jalikym
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM

It is best for your son.  It will keep him on the routine that you have set for him which will aid him in school.  Glad you are making a stand.  If he keeps getting threatening, take the next steps. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:45 PM

the first tiome he tried to open his mouth and threaten me, wed go back to the CO. good for you!

IvoryIris
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Does he even want to see his kid? Sounds like your son is a big burden on him

mytrueloveS
by Lori on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:06 PM
I wonder the same thing. He sees him 4 times out of the month. He will even pick him up late during the day because he had "chores." He says yes, but I think he doesn't want to be around.

Quoting IvoryIris:

Does he even want to see his kid? Sounds like your son is a big burden on him

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:42 PM
And keep in mind that he'll probably gladly blame you for keeping his son from him and he'll tell anyone who will listen.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)