Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How to cope with him wanting you to get an abortion?!?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:19 PM
  • 20 Replies
I am currently pregnant with my third child im only 7 weeks and 4 days along..me and my ex have been broken up for quite some time now but he recently wanted to see if he still had love for me ofcourse me being stupid i gave in...it was in the middle of january..but anyways i've know this man for 5 years and was dating him for 3 we have two boys 23 months and 10 months old..i told him i was pregnant he immediately accused me of making a joke and lying about it when i have a letter from the doctors confirming im pregnant then he tried switching it and blaming me for it like it was all my fault...it takes 2 to tango we laid down together and now we gotta deal with the consequences is what i told him then he freaking left town to go down to new jersey instead of spending time with his two sons and talking to me about this situation all he said was to get rid of it now i do not believe in abortions so i wanna keep it he's wanted me to get an abortion with my two sons and now we're going to court i want full custody of my kids this man don't give me a single dime for them only cause i don't let his verbally abusive family see them... you expect a man to grow a lil after having kids right?? But no not this man...i am a single mom raising two boys if im capable of raising them on my own i know im capable of raising 3 i love my sons their my world and i bust my butt for them 24/7...i need advice im stuck i do not wanna have an abortion...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Toonkasmommy
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM
I admire you. Your very strong. I recently became a single mother, when my ex realized I didn't want him anymore. But good luck :)
mytrueloveS
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:55 PM
4 moms liked this

Then don't have one.  If the father doesn't want to be around then that's his choice.  

GoldenLinds
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Nobody can make you have an abortion. If you don't want to. Don't. Stop thinking about your ex period. Take his ass to court and wash your hands of him.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:13 PM
3 moms liked this
You are the only one that can make that decision
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tiffywall86
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Im in a pretty similar situation. My husband and I have an 18m old son and a 28m old daughter. We are currently seperated but living together while I get a job and a place for my kids and I. Well I just found out im pregnant as well. Im not sure how far along I am but guessing 6 weeks. My problem is he wants the baby and I dont. He is never home and is always running the town, drinking etc (example, yesterday he didn't show up until 6:30am and right now its 6:15am and I still havnt heard from him). He has a crap job and doesn't seem to take care of the kids when he is around.  Im going to be doing this on my own financially for the first time and Im scared to death that if I find a job and then they find out i'm pregnant i'll loose my job and not have any income to support the kids...

Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:17 AM

I wouldn't expect a man to grow just because he has kids.  Some men stay boys for their whole lives.  How to cope?  As hard as it is, forget about him.  Be the best mommy you can be, and you and your sons will be just fine.  I'm sorry you are going through this. 

siindy0625
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Thank you for the support my family wants me to keep it too and their trying to support mean this and with your support and all the other moms on here im confident im keeping it i wouldn't be able to live with myself if i had an abortion everything happens for a reason thanks hun i appreciated the support and advice.

Quoting Toonkasmommy:

I admire you. Your very strong. I recently became a single mother, when my ex realized I didn't want him anymore. But good luck :)

siindy0625
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks sweetie i am gonna follow through with this and im also planning on keeping the baby thank you (:

Quoting Ridingsolo:

I wouldn't expect a man to grow just because he has kids.  Some men stay boys for their whole lives.  How to cope?  As hard as it is, forget about him.  Be the best mommy you can be, and you and your sons will be just fine.  I'm sorry you are going through this. 

prego_jessi
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:30 PM
My dds dad told me to get an abortion when I told him I was pregnant for dd and I told him there was no way in hell. She's 2 now and he has nothing to do with her.
siindy0625
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM
I know its hard girl but if i can raise 2 kids on my own and a third one on the way im confident you can too you just gotta have faith and leave it to god everything happens for a reason and i know trust me i know what your going through with the father of your kids i haven't herd from my sons father since saturday he was supposed to come down and see them but decided to go down to new jersey to hang with friends and his ugly girlfriend its their loss not ours girl we are strong we've got this.

Quoting Tiffywall86:

Im in a pretty similar situation. My husband and I have an 18m old son and a 28m old daughter. We are currently seperated but living together while I get a job and a place for my kids and I. Well I just found out im pregnant as well. Im not sure how far along I am but guessing 6 weeks. My problem is he wants the baby and I dont. He is never home and is always running the town, drinking etc (example, yesterday he didn't show up until 6:30am and right now its 6:15am and I still havnt heard from him). He has a crap job and doesn't seem to take care of the kids when he is around.  Im going to be doing this on my own financially for the first time and Im scared to death that if I find a job and then they find out i'm pregnant i'll loose my job and not have any income to support the kids...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)