Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

how do i answer where's daddy question?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:29 PM
  • 17 Replies

my daughter is 21 months she not asking about her dad at this point but i know she will at some point.  heres my delima i was only with her dad for two weeks and got preganant by surpise.  when i told the guy i was pregant he went around telling the neighboors that i was lieing and even after dna test proved he was the father he still tells people he's not.  i don't want to bad mouth my daughters father but what do i tell her when she start having question. 

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mytrueloveS
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

The truth.  Her father decided not to be around, and you'll explain better once she gets older.  You don't have to go in to detail.  

GoldenLinds
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:02 PM
2 moms liked this
Simple. You don't know. He doesn't know how lucky he is to have a beautiful daughter like her. Keep it brief and let her decide what to do with the information. For all you know that will satisfy her question. If she has more questions she'll ask. Don't try to address emotions she hasn't experienced.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Your father wasn't ready to be a daddy but we have a special family and lots of people that love you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Keep it simple for now. Even at 3.5, when the topic of "where's dad?" comes up, my daughter still says "he's at work." (no matter the time of day).

biomom1437
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

i like this. thanks.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Your father wasn't ready to be a daddy but we have a special family and lots of people that love you.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:16 AM
My son is almost 3 my mom and I have been brainstorming for a long time this is the top of my list. He said once I don't have a dad. He accepted this i listed all the people we have friends and family

Quoting biomom1437:

i like this. thanks.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaDee2Bee
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I agree with the quote and I have told my daughter the same thing a/b her father. He's more of a sperm donar in my mind and hasnt done anything for her in the 4yrs of her life. Its sad but she's better off and def. has ALOT of people in her life who Love her!!!

Quoting GoldenLinds:

Simple. You don't know. He doesn't know how lucky he is to have a beautiful daughter like her. Keep it brief and let her decide what to do with the information. For all you know that will satisfy her question. If she has more questions she'll ask. Don't try to address emotions she hasn't experienced.

issacsmom11
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:23 PM

i agree keep it simple , but tell the truth all .

jalikym
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I am going to tell my daughter that we could not work things out.  I have tried to allow him to be part but he definitely does not want to be part.  He moved 600 miles away.  

biomom1437
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:45 PM

ya that mite work.  sinse her dad denied her sinse b4 she was born and after she was born he wanted nothing to do with her.  then after she was born i found out he does drugs too.  so even if he had wanted to see her i would probable have gone to the courts to get he parental rights taken away.

Quoting jalikym:

I am going to tell my daughter that we could not work things out.  I have tried to allow him to be part but he definitely does not want to be part.  He moved 600 miles away.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN