Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

please help

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:57 AM
  • 10 Replies
My sons first birthday party is next week and I need some ideas for cheap finger foods to serve that he will b able to eat. He has 3 teeth so he can chew a little. Also, can you please share your 1 y/o favorite toy so I can decide what to get him. Thank you in advance
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mombaker8910
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Bump
breebree04
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:34 AM

its been along time since Ive had a 1 yr old! Heres a Bump!

MamaDee2Bee
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM

mega blocks and im not sure a/b what finger foods.

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:50 AM

My kids favorite toy was this singing puppy dog it sang all sorts of cute kids songs...Target and Walmart sell it its the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn love to play puppy

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Laugh-Learn-Love-Puppy/dp/B000284ZNI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362415655&sr=8-1&keywords=singing+puppy+dog

As far as finger foods...cake, ice cream, applesauce (not really a finger food)  but they also have these applesaucxe on the go pouches, mac n cheese, french fries, bananas, etc..

biomom1437
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:29 PM

any soft foods is fine but things that are large like bananas need to be cut length ways then cut into like half inch pieces, this is because sliced banana that are left round are a choking hassard at this age not sure if you knew that.  but have fun and i have only girls so not sure what to buy a boy sorry  and bump

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:39 PM
My son loved his tent music table tunnel as for finger foods my son the part he was awake for his party didn't eat much but I had normal party food fruits and veggies and pizza
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mombaker8910
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Thank you everyone for the inputs!!! I'm still trying to get over the fact he is going to be 1
s.osborne
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:16 AM

The singing dog Scout, or Chuck the recycling truck. I don't know about the foods, we just had cake and ice cream. You could do PB&J (finger sandwiches) cut into strips, goldfish, apple slices, donuts, or some other soft pastry.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:40 AM

As messy as they re BBQs/Sloppy joes are a great party food as well as sandwiches or pizza. 

shima
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:49 PM
A really big truck! I got my ds one of those when he turned one. It came up to his knees and he would push that thing around all day. I think it really helped him with his walking. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN