Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dropping child support order

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:14 AM
  • 19 Replies

So STBX is behind on child support and wants me to drop it all together.  We have been separated for 2.5 years and Iam in the process of filing for divorce.  I got a support order shortly after we separated.  Ex is behind, works inconsistently and has just had his DL suspended for non-payment.  He wants to pay us on his own.  Would you guys even consider this?  At this point, I am tired of even dealing with this.  He pays when he is working but hasn't had a permanent job since we split.  He is currently substitute teaching.  I am afraid that the DL suspension and possible jail time is not going to help at all.  He won't be able to see the kids and it will just hurt them more.  Am I going to have to just deal with him paying whenever he gets money?

Eva

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paigesmommy5264
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Don't drop it! He needs to be a man and take care of his responsibilities. He also needs to deal with the repercussions if he chooses not to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaDee2Bee
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

Don't drop it! He needs to be a man and take care of his responsibilities. He also needs to deal with the repercussions if he chooses not to.

My ex's gf sent me a nice little message on FB telln me to drop the child support b/c my ex cant get a job and he keeps getting thrown in jail. Not my fault and if i havent seen any payments since JULY of2012 whats makes HER think he'll pay ANYTHING?! I agree with the quote above!! DONT DROP IT its HIS RESPONSIBILITY youre taking care of the kids 24/7 he shouldnt just be able to walk away! It took TWO to make the baby!!

GoldenLinds
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Don't drop it. Its not your problem. His making excuses for everything is what got him into this place of poor choices and choking on his responsibilities. Donr givw in. I'm sorry your kids qont get to see him but they need to see him cleaning up his mess to get to them.
pianokisses
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Hell no dont do it. My ex tricked me once...convinced me to take him off n the whole tme he was running game with some other girl n not helpin wit his kids. I kept him on and hes staying on until they finish college.
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:32 PM

no, because he doesnt consistently pay.

i do not have an order but my ex does consistently pay. he never fell behind when i DID have an order.

kngarber
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:34 PM
2 moms liked this
If he isn't paying you now with an order why would you drop it and expect him to pay you directly?
Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Dont drop it! He does not pay anyways and this likely will not change.

just4ds10ee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Two words... HELL NO!!! If he pays inconsistently now what do you think will happen if he doesn't have anyone other than you monitoring him???  I will never get  why noncustodial parents do little or nothing financially for their children and when they have to pay the consequences ie DL suspension, jail time ...they see themselves as the victim!!! Where as if they would just pay the damn child support in the first place they could avoid all that!

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:51 PM
It's technically your money. It's money for the kids so it's really not your call to make anyway. When I mentioned dropping child support in hopes of getting my son's dad to stop being an ass, my lawyer made it very clear to me that most judges won't grant a drop of CS order. At least here in GA.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Don't drop it he needs to support his kids and if he's inconsistent with ordered he will never pay otherwise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)