Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Should I say anything or let her deal with her son's behavior?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM
  • 3 Replies

I have a friend who has a 2 1/2 yr old and they come over to play with my 2&4yr old. This is great b/c we are both single moms and it gives us a chance to talk and the kids can play. Well I've noticed that my friends son has behavior issues like he enjoys throwing my kids toys,hitting, not sharing,yelling,jumping off my furniture and she doesnt have him help my kids clean up before they leave. Its frustrating and I can tell shes frustrated b/c she keeps saying he's so bad and she doesnt know what to do. I tryed to coach her the other day in the"time out" technique that i learned from watching SUPER NANNY and reading alot of articles etc.

Anyway what I want to ask is should I say something to her a/b the way he's acting around my kids or just continue to ignore it and keep an eye on my kids and make sure THEY behave. For example yesterday my son and her son were arguing over a toy and hit each other i putmy son in timeout and she didnt do anything with her son....idk...

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
GoldenLinds
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:49 AM
If she's frustrated and shes told you then she's probably looking for help. Have a real conversation with her about what she has done and thinfs to try. Consistency is the biggest issue. Don't throw every hang up at her at once though. We all le t things slide sometimes. Be a friend.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaDee2Bee
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:15 PM

i want to do this but i dont want to sound bossy or overbearing or have her think i know more than her....but i will suggest the time out thing and the routine if he gets up you take him back....

Toonkasmommy
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
My cousin is the same way with her son! I sat her down and told her, either you start telling him to behave(she let's him get away with everything) or he can't visit. It's not that I don't love him but he's extremely violent and my daughter fights back. I don't want him to be a bad influence on her .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN