Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Please read!! I need advice ASAP!!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 15 Replies

Hello, I'm Simona, and I'm new to the group. I have one little girl and she is almost 5. Let me give a quick run down of what has been going on in the past year or so so that hopefully someone can give me a little advice on what I can/should do.

My daughter's dad and I have not been together for 3 years, I and my daughter live in CA and he in tx. For the first 2 years that we hadn't been together he was not in her life. we have since put a parenting plan in place and she goes to visit him every other month for 2 weeks. She has only gone twice, in december and february, to visit him.The first time she came back from visiting him she came home with a black eye. She said her dad hit her, he said they were wrestling. So whether it was intentional or not, I dont know. When she came home this last time from being over there she told me that her dads girlfriend and he were smoking in the car with her and that his gf was lighting the lighter to her car seat while she was sitting in it. Smoking in the car with a minor is illegal in CA but not in tx, but you'd think that he was be a little more considerate to his daughter's health. I know I can't do anything about that but does any one know if I can report the whole lighter to her carseat thing to anyone? PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you!!!

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Toonkasmommy
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I have no idea sorry. But I would kick his ass!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
victoriangavin
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:11 PM
3 moms liked this

Yes it needs to be reported. If he will do these things whats next, she doesn't come home from her vist?

Simona08
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM

she goes and visits him for 2 weeks since we live so far away from each other.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I would make a call to social services in the county in which your ex lives and report this.  It's abuse and should not be tolerated.  Your daughter is old enough to tell you what's going on.  She will continue to do so.  I would also make the trip with your daughter the next time she visits her father.  That way you are local and can report any other things that go on behind your back.  This should not be tolerated.  The gf is mental.

Saphira1207
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM

This OP.

The second she came home with a black eye I would have found out the local CPS number.  It doesn't matter if they were wrestling there is no reason, none, that she should have a black eye.  Proper wrestling with a child would never result in one.  Even little boys know how to wrestle without giving each other a black eye and they're the most rambunctious, rough and tumble people in the world.

Quoting steviechick:

I would make a call to social services in the county in which your ex lives and report this.  It's abuse and should not be tolerated.  Your daughter is old enough to tell you what's going on.  She will continue to do so.  I would also make the trip with your daughter the next time she visits her father.  That way you are local and can report any other things that go on behind your back.  This should not be tolerated.  The gf is mental.

Simona08
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Thanks ladies! I've since called a child abuse hotline and reported things. They are sending a law enforcement agent out to take a statement from me and then we"ll just go from there.

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:54 PM

The problem is though you waited so long to report the possible abuse on the black eye. That should have been reported after it happened. Did you take any pictures? The sad truth is a 2 year old's statements may not be taken seiously since they are not really capable of being able to properly communicate. Also CPS does not have the authority to tell you to disobey a court order. I would see if you can get to court asap and stop visits until the investigation is complete.

ASLmommy89
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:34 PM

OP said she was almost 5. Definitely old enough to tell what happened. 

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

The problem is though you waited so long to report the possible abuse on the black eye. That should have been reported after it happened. Did you take any pictures? The sad truth is a 2 year old's statements may not be taken seiously since they are not really capable of being able to properly communicate. Also CPS does not have the authority to tell you to disobey a court order. I would see if you can get to court asap and stop visits until the investigation is complete.

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:45 PM

My bad I was thinking 2 for some reason.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Hi Simona, welcome to the group.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)