Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

First Post: Let me introduce myself while still getting over the shock..

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:11 AM
  • 9 Replies
This is my first time on Cafemom, so let me introduce myself..
My name is Carolina, I am a Chicago girl and a few weeks ago, I learned that I am pregnant (9 weeks now) with my first child at 20 years old.
Now this pregnancy was completely unexpected. I have been on birth control for several years now and in addition, due to unexpected medical attention I had been told that I would not be able to have children.
As you guessed it, I'm definitely in shock even after 9 pregnancy tests, 1 blood test, and several doctors confirmations. (still waiting on an ultrasound- seeing is believing!)
Now I'm quite scared because this will be my first and because I am so young, so please experienced mothers..
Any advice for a young first-time expectant mother?
Anything helps :)

Sincerely,
One who is just trying to figure it out..
Carolina

P.S. Look forward to meeting you Ladies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
breebree04
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Hello Carolina and Welcome to the group. Im sure this pregnancy is scary for you especially since it was not planned but everything will work out and be fine. I had my first child at 20 also. Its an adjustment at first but it wont take long for you to get the hang of things and adjust. If you have any questions or concerns about the pregnancy just ask your dr, thats what they are there for. Its hard to give you advice on the pregnancy because you are not very far along yet and everyone is different. Just know that you can do this and everything will be fine.

welcome to cafemom

steviechick
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Hi, Carolina and welcome to the group.  A first pregnancy is always scary.  It doesn't matter what age you are either.  Your body is changing and there things going on with your body you aren't quite sure about.  I agree with bree, contact your doctor about any questions you may have.  Also, I would recommend you get What To Expect When You Are Expecting.  I received this book from a friend during my first pregnancy.  It helped answer a lot of questions and put me at ease.  If you can, try and check it out at the library or go on-line at Amazon and order it.  It is a miracle that you are pregant. So, be happy and look foward to being a mom for the first time. 

deltathree
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi & welcome! :)

brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Carolina and welcome to the group.

It does sound like it was an unplanned prego.  It is scary at first, but when the baby comes you will have someone to take care of and love for the next 18 yrs.  In the meantime taking care of YOU is important. 

unexpctd28
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Thank you for your kind words; it's quite relieving!  I'm meeting with my second OB-GYN tomorrow so I am hoping to get my questions answered. Pleasure meeting you.

-Carolina

Quoting breebree04:

Hello Carolina and Welcome to the group. Im sure this pregnancy is scary for you especially since it was not planned but everything will work out and be fine. I had my first child at 20 also. Its an adjustment at first but it wont take long for you to get the hang of things and adjust. If you have any questions or concerns about the pregnancy just ask your dr, thats what they are there for. Its hard to give you advice on the pregnancy because you are not very far along yet and everyone is different. Just know that you can do this and everything will be fine.

welcome to cafemom

unexpctd28
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:24 PM

You are absolutely right, it is a miracle that I am pregnant. I have just been so overwhelmed with the shock of it all to really put that into perspective.  I will definitely take you up on your advice and get the book!

Thank you so much

-Carolina

Quoting steviechick:

Hi, Carolina and welcome to the group.  A first pregnancy is always scary.  It doesn't matter what age you are either.  Your body is changing and there things going on with your body you aren't quite sure about.  I agree with bree, contact your doctor about any questions you may have.  Also, I would recommend you get What To Expect When You Are Expecting.  I received this book from a friend during my first pregnancy.  It helped answer a lot of questions and put me at ease.  If you can, try and check it out at the library or go on-line at Amazon and order it.  It is a miracle that you are pregant. So, be happy and look foward to being a mom for the first time. 

unexpctd28
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you, glad to be here!

Quoting deltathree:

Hi & welcome! :)

unexpctd28
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Yes, completely unplanned.  You definitely have a point, this child is my life now taking care of myself at the moment is the most important thing for him or her.

Thank you :)

-Carolina

Quoting brieri:

Hi Carolina and welcome to the group.

It does sound like it was an unplanned prego.  It is scary at first, but when the baby comes you will have someone to take care of and love for the next 18 yrs.  In the meantime taking care of YOU is important. 

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN