Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Hello

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2007 at 10:55 AM
  • 6 Replies
I'm actually a long time standing member of a different chat forum, which has a single moms group. But for many different reasons I have not been getting what I needed there. For a long time I have debated searching out a new single moms chat forum. I however, felt very reluctant for not wanting to be the new girl again. In my old home everyone knew my story and everything that happened through the years with my SD. I liked that.  I was not really up for starting over with a new group. These days though, I find myself feeling depressed and lonely and desperately craving interactions from others in a similar place in life.
I joined this site almost a year ago but never actually gace it a chance. So now, hoping to find myself a new home among those who understand the life I lead, here I am.

My name is Trisha. I am 24yrs old. A single mom obviously. I have 2 children, a son who will be 3 in less than a month and a daughtor who is 5and a half. I work FT with family and attend school at night working 1st toward the complete of my precore classes to petetion to proceed to the Core classes in DMS program. While I wait for acceptance and admission into the program I will be seeking another medical degree, potentially in nursing, and LPN or maybe just phlebotamy.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and having a new place to "blog" (or journal as the case would be) all my single mom thoughts.
by on Dec. 17, 2007 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
chel1023
by on Dec. 18, 2007 at 3:22 PM
Welcome to the group, thanks for giving us a try.  I'm somewhat new to the group as well, I've been on for about 7 months and mostly just respond to others posts.  I'm 26, mother of 1 baby girl, 7 months old, work full time at a law firm, trying to figure out how to go back to school and for what, contemplating occupational therapy assistant, but I'm not sure if I can complete the program and continue working full time at my current job.  I would love to chat with you and share our stories with eachother.  Hope to hear from you soon.  - Michele - 
youngwidow
by on Dec. 18, 2007 at 3:36 PM
Hey there, welcome.  I'm new here too.  Actually just checked it out this month needing... something but not sure what.  Reading some of the journals has helped me realize that there are others out there facing the same challenges (and even harder challenges than) I am.  I hope you find what you need here.  :)
TAG2.0
by on Dec. 18, 2007 at 5:58 PM
Welcome!

Brought to you by Toya

MargaritaD
by on Dec. 18, 2007 at 7:39 PM
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey girl, very nice to meet you! I am a single mother of 3. I have beena single mom for about 10 years. I was married for 3 of them but you know, he didnt really participate in helping me support them or be there for them so really I have been a single mom for a long time. I like this group too. It's nice having people understand the things you go thru as a single mother. Looking forward to reading some more of your blogs.

From my family to

yours. 

squish_is_me
by on Dec. 19, 2007 at 10:32 AM
Thank You all for the warm welcome!!!
dragonflie
by on Dec. 19, 2007 at 3:25 PM
Hey there, welcome to the group.  I am a single mom of 2 wonderful and keep me on my toes children (son 17 and daughter 12).  I work a full time plus job and also have a part time job as my ex does not feel he needs to support our children.  In January I will be going back to school for my bachelor's degree in Human Resources and very excited about that.  Hope to chat with you soon, Happy Holidays!

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly,

Kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably,

And never regret anything that made you smile

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN