Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

WWYD??

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:06 AM
  • 15 Replies

My sonis almsot 9 months old and his so called dad has only seen him 5 times,contacts me sparadocially,and hasnt really contributed to my son.He last saw him around christmas.He didnt ask to see him till yesterday,so well over 2 months.

My diliemma:He demanded(which doesnt set well with me) that I drive the 140 mile,4 hour rountrip to take him so see him.

My thing is I  dont have my own car and if someone drives me it'll cost me probably $50+ for gas.Money I dont have becasue of him.

So WWYD?

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LADYxGHOST
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:29 AM
2 moms liked this

nothing, it is his job to see his son.

klespeedy0205
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:00 AM
What she said...its his job.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
s.osborne
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell him to go fuck himself.

Kazmira222
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Yea dont do anything. My baby's father is the same way. We live 25 miles apart and he expects me to do it all. I haven't heard from him in well over a month now and I don't even plan on trying for him to see DS. If he wants to do something I'm making him make the first move.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I would at least attempt to meet him half way.  If he were to ever decide to take you to court for custody and he shoes he attempted to see his son and you refused, even to compromise he could end up with a lot more visitation then one could ever like.  Try and compromise to show you are attempting to make it work.

DavidsMommy6.12
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Oh i'm ok with a lot of visitation as long as its supervised and he cant take him overnight cause he's one of those guys who stays up all night and sleeps all day so not really a good thing if you got a baby around.

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

I would at least attempt to meet him half way.  If he were to ever decide to take you to court for custody and he shoes he attempted to see his son and you refused, even to compromise he could end up with a lot more visitation then one could ever like.  Try and compromise to show you are attempting to make it work.

DavidsMommy6.12
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Wouldnt I like to considering he more or less told me the same thing a few weeks ago but I'm going to play nice till I take him to court for custody b/c I dont want to chance him getting any type of custody.

Quoting s.osborne:

Tell him to go fuck himself.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Do you have a custody agreement in place?  If not that would be the first thing I do to establish visitation and child support.  Hugs & good luck!

DavidsMommy6.12
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I'm in the process of getting one but first i have to get my social security card to get a photo id.So hopefully by his birthday all this crap can get sorted out so i dont have to deal with him as much.

Quoting easinpc:

Do you have a custody agreement in place?  If not that would be the first thing I do to establish visitation and child support.  Hugs & good luck!

Chelsey191
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Tell him you can't, that he is more than welcome to come see him but you can not take him there because you do not have a car. Put it writing be it an email or a text so he can not accuse you of just not letting him see your son. And take him to court for child support.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)