Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
how long have you been doing the single mom thing?

While the time that I have basically being doing this and the time that me and the SD have been completely seperated differ, I generally use the former. For all intensive purposes and for how I feel, I have been doing this for about 4.5 years now.
by on Dec. 17, 2007 at 11:26 AM
Replies (11-13):
mommyx2ok
by on Dec. 18, 2007 at 12:11 PM
I say that I have been a single mom for right about 5 years. I left my ex husband when our daughter was 2 months old. We stayed seperated for 7 months and then we got back together for 2 months, in which time i concieved our son. Then he found a girl with no kids or responsiblities and loves to drink like he does. So 5 years. I am actually to a point now where I am enjoying being single and not having to really answer to anyone. I have come to terms that I don't need a man to make me happy. Not going to say that I don't miss it, but for the first time in a long time life is GREAT!!!!!

p.s.  I don't know if any of you ladies live in the Oklahoma/Texas area or not. If you do there is this amazing Christian Single Mom's conference. It has helped me a LOT!!! If you are interested please email me and I will give you the address and information.  (I am at the college right now and don't have the info handy)...
MargaritaD
by on Dec. 18, 2007 at 12:32 PM
I say I have been single for almost 10 years. My oldest daughter is 9. I married her dad when she was 3 and I concieved 2 more kids and we were on and off throughout the 3 years we were married and we finally got a divorce, and I have been legally divorced for 3 years. We tried to get back together after the divorce but all it did was confirm why I wasn't with his punk a** anymore. So Since he was never consistant and I was always the one with the kids by myself whenever he decided he was tired of family life I was the one holding it down...so almost 10 years! Even when he was around in spurts he wasn't  really "there".

From my family to

yours. 

sglmom4b
by on Dec. 18, 2007 at 12:52 PM
Like so many others I really felt single before I was seperated or divorced.... but I have been completely officially a single mom for a year and a half - my son is only 2.  I have zero support - physical, financial, or otherwise from my ex and it is MUCH better that way!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)