Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long have you been doing the single mom thing?

While the time that I have basically being doing this and the time that me and the SD have been completely seperated differ, I generally use the former. For all intensive purposes and for how I feel, I have been doing this for about 4.5 years now.
by on Dec. 17, 2007 at 11:26 AM
Replies (11-13):
by on Dec. 18, 2007 at 12:11 PM
I say that I have been a single mom for right about 5 years. I left my ex husband when our daughter was 2 months old. We stayed seperated for 7 months and then we got back together for 2 months, in which time i concieved our son. Then he found a girl with no kids or responsiblities and loves to drink like he does. So 5 years. I am actually to a point now where I am enjoying being single and not having to really answer to anyone. I have come to terms that I don't need a man to make me happy. Not going to say that I don't miss it, but for the first time in a long time life is GREAT!!!!!

p.s.  I don't know if any of you ladies live in the Oklahoma/Texas area or not. If you do there is this amazing Christian Single Mom's conference. It has helped me a LOT!!! If you are interested please email me and I will give you the address and information.  (I am at the college right now and don't have the info handy)...
by on Dec. 18, 2007 at 12:32 PM
I say I have been single for almost 10 years. My oldest daughter is 9. I married her dad when she was 3 and I concieved 2 more kids and we were on and off throughout the 3 years we were married and we finally got a divorce, and I have been legally divorced for 3 years. We tried to get back together after the divorce but all it did was confirm why I wasn't with his punk a** anymore. So Since he was never consistant and I was always the one with the kids by myself whenever he decided he was tired of family life I was the one holding it almost 10 years! Even when he was around in spurts he wasn't  really "there".

From my family to

by on Dec. 18, 2007 at 12:52 PM
Like so many others I really felt single before I was seperated or divorced.... but I have been completely officially a single mom for a year and a half - my son is only 2.  I have zero support - physical, financial, or otherwise from my ex and it is MUCH better that way!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN